All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
MediacomJoel
join:2009-10-03

MediacomJoel to wth

to wth

Re: New Mediacom Email

We do apologize for this issue and are currently working to restore the email. As stated, there have been a few issues with the new system. I assure you, this has been given high priority and we are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Deleted emails reappearing is mainly related to timing and should not happen in the future. Please delete the unwanted mail.

We have been having issues with delays and not being able to receive emails. I assure you the email has not been lost. We expect all the delay issues to be resolved within the next 48 hours.

There should be no need for changes to the outbound or inbound email servers that are already set up. There was a slight issue, but it has been corrected.

Once again, we apologize and are working to get all the issues resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Trouble Now
@mchsi.com

Trouble Now

Anon

I did change my in and out and SSL to the settings suggested above AND it does work. I am able to SEND email (which I have not been able to do for a day and a half) from Outlook!
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Just verified with my local service tech..

Server change is required according to him, and he has reset the servers on 15 computers since hitting the road this morning...

Sorry it took so long to verify and post this, DSL Reports was giving me a 503 error after hitting refresh.

RadioOp
@omcastbusiness.net

RadioOp

Anon

That must be an issue in your area only. I am able to ping either server without issue...
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Could be just our area not sure, but i do know from the service tech he was told that ALL NEW customers must be setup to connect to mediacombb.net instead of the old settings.

So that tells me its going to be a permanent change here at least.

I also get the security certificate warning, not every time i send, but usually every time i open windows live mail. I assume its not setup correctly yet on their end, but its a small price to pay clicking on that warning and being able to send and receive email again finally!!

After changing servers i had to download 63 emails, they were my normal emails i would have expected to see the last couple days. I thought at first the receive was working ok with the old mail.mchsi.com server but i guess not as i only got two emails today before changing, and i think i had a total of 4 or 5 all day yesterday, and maybe 7 or 8 the day before that. Now i got 63 emails and no duplicates from the new server.
Expand your moderator at work

ricoricola
@mchsi.com

ricoricola to MediacomJoel

Anon

to MediacomJoel

Re: New Mediacom Email

Well it’s nice that you’re all working on the problem, Joel, and we appreciate that effort, and your report on the progress. But, over the summer subscribers in my area (QC’s) were routinely without any service at all because of technical issues at Mediacom, and now this mail problem is causing widespread problems. I pay $35 a month just for internet service, and for that kind of money I expect professional quality, not this kind of crap.

CRLB
@kiesling-wdm.com

CRLB

Anon

JOEL - Droid is not recognizing any of the servers - old or the new mediacombb - any idea whats up with that?

tarispissed
@mchsi.com

tarispissed to ricoricola

Anon

to ricoricola
Wish I could get it that cheap! I have to pay 49.99 /mo.!!!!
WTF???? That's horse crap!!!

ricoricola
@mchsi.com

ricoricola

Anon

Geez, tarispissed- where are you located? BTW, Mediacom is famous for offering a range of prices for their services; they start at the highest and only charge the lowest if you force them to. Mediacom's M.O. is "screw everybody and let God sort it out" (lol). I'd Complain; remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
ddwashbu
join:2009-12-11
Cedar Rapids, IA

1 recommendation

ddwashbu to tarispissed

to tarispissed
So when are Mediachimp going to drop the next bomb and tell us...we all get new emails addresses!
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

1 edit

k9iua6

said by ddwashbu:

So when are Mediachimp going to drop the next bomb and tell us...we all get new emails addresses!
As I understand it (reported recently, but I can't remember where), existing accounts prior to a recent point in time stay with their old address (@mchsi.com), and only newer accounts are getting the new address (@mediacombb.net). I tested webmail on both mail.mchsi.com and mail.mediacombb.net, sending out test messages, and both went out under the @mchsi.com e-mail account that I currently have.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to tarispissed

Premium Member

to tarispissed
he is on a contract at $19.95 for 3mb plus a $15 for no other service

you are on the 12mb plan at 49.95 for 1 year

tarispissed
@mchsi.com

tarispissed to ricoricola

Anon

to ricoricola
I am in Indiana. Hell, they had an office here in town until this summer. They closed it and now you have to go 25 miles to the nearest office. There is NO phone listing for the local office to call and when I call tech support, they are ....who knows where???
I call them to report an outage and 9 times out of 10, they tell me they show no problem. I have basic plus cable with the cheapest internet package and pay $115.00 /mo.!!!!!
That is Y I am so pissed when there are so many outages and screw ups like this. They know they can charge us like that because there are no other cable providers in my town area. That's why i wish Comcast would come to this town and stomp on Mediacom's nuts!!!!!

lotusracer
Premium Member
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL

lotusracer

Premium Member

said by tarispissed :

I wish Comcast would come to this town and stomp on Mediacom's nuts!!!!!
Well, I hate to break it to you, but Comcast is likely not much better. Go looking through their forum and you'll find many complaints.

tarispissed
@mchsi.com

tarispissed

Anon

Yes, I know but it will be competition and would possibly create a price cut or special offers. Mediacom has the area by the balls because they are the only providers and they charge high prices.

ricoricola
@mchsi.com

1 recommendation

ricoricola to tarispissed

Anon

to tarispissed
Unfortunately, we are living in a time when corporations can pretty much do whatever the F they want to do to whoever they want to do it to. I’m nearly sixty years old and believe me when I tell you that it didn’t used to be that way. We do, of course, have a choice in these matters: if everyone joined together we would have the power to force a change. But unfortunately (again) we also live in a time when people don’t join together very well. This is the real “Brave New World” you probably read about in your youth.

And I agree with lotusracer: Comcast, Mediacom, or whoever- it’s all the same.

Trouble Now
@mchsi.com

Trouble Now

Anon

I will bet Mediacom will have this fixed by tomorrow because they will need to reboot their whole system and can't during the work week because of business use (legal).