uniqs

crookedtrail
@dslextreme.com

1 recommendation

crookedtrail to karlmarx

Anon

to karlmarx

Re: Americans have gotten too Greedy

Unfortunately that dream will never be realized, because we live in a world economy, where if you do many of the things you are proposing, we would be breaking free trade agreements with other nations, and incur their wrath. Also, many of the things you propose would probably screw our nation and its innovative spirit, as anyone with an active brain cell and a good idea would leave for somewhere they could actually earn a profit on their invention. Also, separation of church and state is good and all, but your interpretation of it is actually counter to the founding fathers original concept. The Constitution is actually meant to protect the church from undue government interference. Many people say negative things about religious organizations and such, but forget that many times during natural disasters and the like, they are the largest non-government giver of aid received by those affected by such disasters.

karlmarx
join:2006-09-18
Moscow, ID

1 edit

1 recommendation

karlmarx

I beg to differ. Lets be honest, the US is one of the VERY few countries in the world that has all the natural resources we need to be self sufficient. I'm all for free trade with Europe, but I think China is the biggest threat we will face over the next 25 years. When you say the constitution is meant to protect the church from the government, it actually goes both ways. I firmly agree the right wing nut cases have every right to elect their radical type congresscritters. And, again, you are right, religious organizations are the largest non-government givers, but know this. As my nickname is often quoted "Religion is the opiate of the masses". The vast majority of americans are afraid of death, and that's why religion exists. I have no problem with the concept of 'it's over' when you die. We are just the end result of a random chemical reaction that occurred billions of years ago. We exist, quite simply, because statistically, we SHOULD exist (see: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr ··· equation ). I don't subscribe to any belief except those I can measure and test. I was raised Catholic, but once I reached the age of reason (about 13), I realized it was all a great big scam.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

Click for full size