uniqs

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Eyefinity at 3600x1600 on a 5770: Pics now, and more later.

Click for full size
5770 box
Click for full size
Triple monitor setup
Click for full size
Same
So my 5770 and my 3rd samsung 204b from ebay has arrived. They are 3 1600x1200 monitors turned portrait, and I'm highly curious to see how the 5770 will handle 3600x1600. I will update this topic when I have games running later.

Samus82
Radly
join:2002-01-29
Pflugerville, TX

1 recommendation

Samus82

nice! now go clean up a little please.

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
sealy posturepedic chair?

Bender_2k
join:2003-01-12

Bender_2k to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
Nice setup! Now make with the benchmarks! lol

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008 to Airwolf

Premium Member

to Airwolf
said by Airwolf:

Yes.
Metatron2008

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Sorry for being late to installing the video card, it's finals week and I had some stuff to do.

I'll get to it early tommorow morning.l

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
i wanted to ditch my 32" LCDTV the second i saw the 1st eyefinity video from kyle @ [H].

also to think that the TV i bought for $930 is really worth about $450 almost 2 years later makes me cry.

$1000 will get you 3 awesome brand new 24" screens with DP built-in or 3 screens + active DP adapter.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I've got it installed, but I need to wait for the displayport-vga adaptor I bought, and hope it works.

Should be here today or tommorow.

Somnambul33t
L33t.
Premium Member
join:2002-12-05

Somnambul33t

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:

I've got it installed, but I need to wait for the displayport-vga adaptor I bought, and hope it works.

Should be here today or tommorow.
is it an active adapter?

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
said by Metatron2008:
said by Airwolf:

Yes.
You like it? I sat in one at staples and was not impressed.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
is displayport the new standard on video cards? guess DVI and HDMI are dead on computers now?

or more important does displayport offer an advantage to DVI.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
I had no idea there was anything else other than DVI and HDMI. WOW I am soo behind the times.
Phillip
I Need A Nap
join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA

Phillip to Kearnstd

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

is displayport the new standard on video cards? guess DVI and HDMI are dead on computers now?

or more important does displayport offer an advantage to DVI.
The advantage it has over DVI and HDMI are due to 2 main reasons, they are, no royalties to pay (HDMI) and native 24bpp support (DVI/HDMI). It also has a lower power consumption over DVI/HDMI as well.

Airwolf
Premium Member
join:2001-10-30
Windsor, ON

Airwolf to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Not all chairs are for everyone. You have to find the right one that feels comfortable.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Click for full size
Hey guys, I need help. The displayport adaptor I got is active; all 3 monitors work. But when going into a game, only the middle one plays. How the hell do I activate eyefinity?

Here is evidence that all 3 monitors work. They are also all the same resolution...

Dentist
join:2001-08-11
Waterloo, ON

2 recommendations

Dentist to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
You need this to enable Eyefinity.

Does the 5770 have enough horsepower to run high-res FPS games? If it does, that's a hell of a good deal then.
Phillip
I Need A Nap
join:2004-12-21
Hatboro, PA

Phillip to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
About ATI Eyefinity and Display Groups
ATI Eyefinity allows you to group together two or more specific displays to each show a portion of a single desktop surface. When displays are grouped together, the desktop resolution and workspace area increases according to the number of displays in the group to provide a more detailed and vivid visual experience.

Depending on the capabilities of your graphics card and the number of displays enabled on it, the following can be achieved:

Multiple displays working together as a display group to show a single desktop, effectively creating a very big desktop with a large aspect ratio. Therefore, in a display group, the Windows taskbar spans the entire width of the group and application windows maximize across all displays.
Multiple displays running in duplicated desktop mode to each show the same desktop surface.
Multiple displays running in extended desktop mode to each show a unique desktop.
Any combination of the above.

For more information on which displays can be included in a display group, see Creating Display Groups.

Note: Display groups cannot span multiple graphics processors.
Use the Desktops & Displays page in ATI Catalyst™ Control Center to manage the composition and layout of display groups. Once a group is created, it can be configured using the Display Group options in the desktop context menu. The following is a list of actions that can be performed on a group:

Create a group.
Arrange displays within a group.
Disable and re-enable a group.
To configure properties for specific displays in a group, use the display-specific property pages that are accessible through the display palette. For more information, see Configuring Display Properties.

Creating Display Groups
Arranging Displays in a Display Group
Disabling a Display Group
Enabling a Display Group

From the catalyst help index.

Stray Bullet
Dangerous?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-03
Rochester, NY

Stray Bullet to Dentist

Premium Member

to Dentist
said by Dentist:

ROFL

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Damn you guys

Do you wish me to also paint my nails while I put this stuff together? My main concern right now is getting the system to work, I'll pretty up the area afterwards. IF YOU GUYS WOULD ACTUALLY HELP, I may show a picture of it later.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
I have a question (wish I could help) you need to have all monitors the same size for eyefinity to work?

maybe when LCD's for 20 inches come down to like $100 a monitor..

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

I have a question (wish I could help) you need to have all monitors the same size for eyefinity to work?

Lcds have been $100 for awhile. Esp. 20" monitors. Try buying online and not at worstbuy

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by Metatron2008:
said by Subaru:

Lcds have been $100 for awhile. Esp. 20" monitors. Try buying online and not at worstbuy
I don't buy my monitors at worstbuy

and the last monitor I brought was a 20.1" 2 years ago and it sure was not $100 at the time at newegg

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by Subaru:

said by Metatron2008:
said by Subaru:

I don't buy my monitors at worstbuy

and the last monitor I brought was a 20.1" 2 years ago and it sure was not $100 at the time at newegg
»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 20%24200

Those are non sale items. On sale lcds can be as low as $50 now.

WELCOME TO 2008... OH WAIT

Gordo74
Premium Member
join:2003-10-28
Pittsburgh, PA

Gordo74 to Metatron2008

Premium Member

to Metatron2008
Yeahhhh. Good luck getting help now that you've insulted people in your own thread you were asking for help in.

doonsy
join:2002-03-15

doonsy to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
Hope this helps.

ATI Eyefinity Setup Guide

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· kCoaq384
Punchline
join:2005-10-11
University Of Richmond, VA

1 edit

Punchline to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008
Lets everybody be nice.

Not everything works with Eyefinity, but I can't tell you why not. Most recent games do (there's a list out there, Google it). You have to set up a display group to extend the desktop and make one huge display. I got to say, I'm not a huge fan of DisplayPort - the connection seems delicate, and falls out far too easily. But it might be that I'm just old fashioned and like my screws .

Also, you can pick up some DisplayPort monitors quite cheap from the Dell Outlet, that's what I did. I didn't want to have to buy a (difficult to find) $100 adapter, and I needed three new screens anyway. The P2210H is $160, 21.5" and does 1920x1080 (which is 1080P in TV terms, though I hate that label when we're talking about monitors).

Portrait mode seems to be the way to go, I didn't like the stretch of landscape: barely any games will let you adjust to an appropriate FOV, and it takes up a HUUUUGE amount of desk space. There are pages of discussion about bezels - I'll just say they're not a problem, after a while I don't see them anymore. Bezel management would be nice (and is supposedly on its way).

I thought Samsung was supposedly bringing out tiny bezel monitors for this holiday season to appease the naysayers, but that didn't happen.

-P

edit: the P2210H is actually 21.5", not 22".

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

2 edits

DataRiker to Dentist

Premium Member

to Dentist
said by Dentist:

Does the 5770 have enough horsepower to run high-res FPS games? If it does, that's a hell of a good deal then.
LOL X 1,000,000

That is some serious dust.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Click for full size
Graphics settings
Click for full size
Resolution
Click for full size
Arena
Click for full size
Loading screen
Click for full size
Random Pyro
Click for full size
Arena
Thanks to everyone who actually tried to help. I FINALLY got it working (after installing 9.12 3 times, doing 5 system restores, when I set a group the monitor using displayport decides to not come on... It took a long ass time but I FINALLY fixed it.

Here ya go, pics suck, but it's TF2 at 3600x1600, 2x msaa, 16x af, everything on highest settings, 60 fps. Not a demanding game, but for a 5770, on a pentium d 805 @ 3.2, with 4 gigs of ddr2 667 ram, it's quite impressive.

DaMaGeINC
The Lan Man
Premium Member
join:2002-06-08
Greenville, SC

DaMaGeINC

Premium Member

Thats cool, but kinda annoying. The seams between the screens would be the deal breaker for me. I want a true widescreen!

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

I thought so too, then I tried it.

You see, it isn't so much widescreen, as it is the ability to bend the monitors a bit left and right. The end result is more or less like more realistic then a flat screen. Makes it easier to see things in periphrial vision.