amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to scorp508

to scorp508

Re: HBO price increase

said by scorp508:

I have the 3 for $30 and got a letter today saying it was going to $31. Honestly though, I keep thinking of dropping them all. The movie lineup is pretty horrible and between having that and a blockbuster account grandfathered into an old cheap price, I use blockbuster more.
I agree, and it's not Verizon's fault. It's just that there aren't any good movies! I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz/Encore/TMC/Sundance/IFC. A couple of HBO's series, and that's about it for me.

bUU
join:2007-05-10
Kissimmee, FL

bUU

Our experience is that we found about a dozen movies to record, over the first few days we had HBO and Cinemax.... and after that we could not find more than one per week, and I suspect next month, even one per week will be asking a lot. I'll be canning our free trial early -- probably by January 5 -- just to help preclude billing problems.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Let's hear it for "competition and falling prices!"

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

Let's hear it for "competition and falling prices!"
Originally that's what everyone thought would happen, but I read an article that due to competition, everyone is adding more services to beat the other guy, and in doing so, the prices go up to pay for all the extras: Remote DVR, Widgets, Media Manager, etc, etc.

bUU
join:2007-05-10
Kissimmee, FL

bUU

Interesting... all all the advertising, and all the new customer promotions, and all the cost to switch customers, and switch them back -- all of that cost finds its way into the prices we all pay.