simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
join:2001-11-28
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi

Premium Member

Very Dissatisfied with AT&T U-verse

Well, I was lied to about the charges for this from the get-go. My bill is MUCH higher now than when we had POTS, DSL, and DISH Network. My first bill was $280 (that was acceptable) and now it is $357?? I was told that the 12 MB was $45.00 a month... It is $55 a month! Someone please explain this???

Kristi
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

Details?

Have you called AT&T to get an explanation or fix?
texasguy37
Premium Member
join:2009-05-18
Grand Prairie, TX

texasguy37 to simplykristi

Premium Member

to simplykristi
Yes, you are leaving out a whole lot of details and without them, we cannot offer any assistance.

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to simplykristi

Premium Member

to simplykristi
Are you sure those are the "actual" charges? The reason I ask is the bills have been goofy for me because of my due date.
My due date is the 27th of the month and the statements go out on the 26th of the month. So just about every month my statement shows I owe twice as much as I actually do. The system works its self out and I've never been double charged but I keep an eye on it anyway.

It may be some weird date crossover or the way they credit you that makes your statement show you owe more than you actually do.Just a thought.
Either way your best bet would probably be to call them directly.

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi

Premium Member

I was told that the total bill was going to be $264 + the surcharges after six months... We ordered the service in October of this year. This includes AT&T and our wireless package. I was also told that the broadband I chose was going to be $45 a month not $55 a month. Plus the bill for U-Verse was going to be less for six months. On U-Verse, we have the 450 channel package for $109, the 12 MB for $55, and the Voice for $30. We have HD for an extra $10 a month. Our wireless is $80 a month for two phones.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,
Kristi
simplykristi

simplykristi to Jon5

Premium Member

to Jon5
I pay the bill before the due date.

Kristi
zqfmbg
join:2004-08-04
Castro Valley, CA

zqfmbg to simplykristi

to simplykristi
Check your paper bill (you can get a PDF copy of it on uversecentral.att.com) and see what the breakdown is. It could be that some of the services were double-billed to change them from being billed in arrears to billed in advance.

If there are errors, give the support line a call. I don't think any of us here can do anything about billing problems.
texasguy37
Premium Member
Grand Prairie, TX

Premium Member

to simplykristi
If you have the U450 package, the $10 HD Technology fee is included. There should be no separate charge. Also, if you have combined your wireless bill with your U-verse bill, the last U-verse bill that you received may include more than 1 month of wireless charges because of timing.

Your U-verse bill should detail all of your charges including the billing periods covered by each charge. Are there any promotional discounts shown on the bill? The regular price of the 12/2 internet service is $55/month. You may have a $10 promotional discount on this for a certain period of time.

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi

Premium Member

OK Thanks for that clarification on the HD being included in the package.. It is $109, correct?

I was quoted $45 not $55 May drop down to the 6 MB. That will be plenty. How will it affect TV watching?

I did notice some crossover with our wireless service.

Kristi
simplykristi

simplykristi to texasguy37

Premium Member

to texasguy37
Another thing... I was told $30 off the bill for six months.

Kristi
texasguy37
Premium Member
Grand Prairie, TX

Premium Member

to simplykristi
$109 is the correct price of the U450 package. Dropping down to the 6 MB internet package will have no impact on your TV service. $30 off for 6 months is a pretty good discount.

Also, do you have the U-verse voice service?

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi

Premium Member

Yes, we have the voice service too... Yeah I about flipped when I saw the bill today! I was like What???

Kristi

andrew 2222
@sbcglobal.net

andrew 2222 to simplykristi

Anon

to simplykristi
Effective 02/01/10 max 12 reg price is $45, max plus 18 is $55 and max turbo 24 is $65

elite will increase to $40 and pro to $35, there will also be a wireless gateway lease fee $3

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi

Premium Member

We are suppose to have Max 12. Is this for all areas served by AT&T?

Kristi
dolmar4
join:2004-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

dolmar4 to andrew 2222

to andrew 2222
said by andrew 2222 :

Effective 02/01/10 max 12 reg price is $45, max plus 18 is $55 and max turbo 24 is $65

elite will increase to $40 and pro to $35, there will also be a wireless gateway lease fee $3
How sure are you about this new pricing structure? Also I think ATT is going to have a hard time charging $3 wireless gateway lease fee for people already installed unless ATT is willing to switch out current gateways for non wireless ones as most people who are using U-Verse for Internet only wish ATT offered a 2nd modem/router option which allowed for a bridge configuration anyways.
texasguy37
Premium Member
Grand Prairie, TX

texasguy37 to andrew 2222

Premium Member

to andrew 2222
What is the source of this pricing information?

Technogeez
Agape in amazement.
Premium Member
join:2007-01-20

Technogeez to andrew 2222

Premium Member

to andrew 2222
said by andrew 2222 :

... there will also be a wireless gateway lease fee $3
So, if I turn off my wireless, do I get a $3.00 refund?

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

said by Technogeez:
said by andrew 2222 :

... there will also be a wireless gateway lease fee $3
So, if I turn off my wireless, do I get a $3.00 refund?
You mean if they replace the RG with something that does not have WiFi you save $3/month.

Hell I would PAY $3/month for something that isn't the RG.

scooby
Premium Member
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL

scooby

Premium Member

said by joako:

Hell I would PAY $3/month for something that isn't the RG.
Count me in. I still cannot figure out how to put my server in the dmz or forward ports to it as its using a static IP and does not show up in the RG interface.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

Have you actually tried? The ADSL 2wires are similar, I have managed to disable DHCP and set static addresses or use another DHCP server but the clients on the LAN still show up and you are able to forward ports.

If not set a sticky IP through the RG. Either way it should work some devices might not support DHCP.