Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brhalltx
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX

Uverse Install Fee

I'm having trouble with Comcast, and I'm thinking about trying Uverse (Internet only), but the $150 install fee is going to keep me from trying it. (I have an AT&T POTS line now that would get moved to Uverse.) Is there any way to get a free installation?

Tel

join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

I just looked again and they're still showing free installation on the Uverse site. It lists a charge of $149 then that amount is deducted from the total.

Lighting Guy

join:2009-07-24
Berea, OH

1 edit

I believe it is only deducted from the total if you order TV.

brhalltx, I think your best bet is just to call and actually talk to someone, and tell them you really want to switch to ATT service from Comcast, but don't want to pay the installation fee. Some people report on here that has worked.

You used to be able to just order TV, and then cancel it right away without paying anything. Reports on here have said otherwise, I think you must keep it at least a month, and pay for that month. Don't hold me to that one though.

brhalltx
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Cypress, TX

Thanks for the replies. I didn't see anything about waiving the install fee when I checked pricing and availability online, but I'll try calling them if Comcast doesn't get things fixed tomorrow.