Search similar:

uniqs
Wowthatsslow
join:2011-11-29
Brooklyn, NY

Wowthatsslow to JRW2

to JRW2

Re: And the slowdown continues...

Yep time to bring this thread back to page 1. So its been 3 weeks since Bensonhurst got this big "UPGRADE" and so far I've had 3 weeks of shit speeds. Mid 20s on boost plus? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

Guess its time to play the "WILT" card again because every idiot at CV just wants to follow a script and tell me to connect my modem directly to my computer, reset the modem and reset the PC...

bcronin
Premium Member
join:2004-03-27
Hyde Park, NY

bcronin to max pl

Premium Member

to max pl
For what its worth I noticed Hyde Park now has 5 downstream channels. Haven't seen a speedtest less than 60 megabits since December. Fingers crossed.
--
bc
Wowthatsslow
Brooklyn, NY

Wowthatsslow

So I e-mailed Wilt at 7am this morning. By 9am there were tests and maintenance being done on my line to start to diagnose the cause. 20 Minutes ago my Motorola was swapped out for an Arris TM822 and fuck me it looks like I've had 5 channels all along...

We'll see what my speeds look like in afew hours
Dunno Yet
join:2012-01-14

Dunno Yet to JRW2

to JRW2
Bensonhurst here, near by 65th st and bay parkway

check out my speed for the last few days, »speedtest.net/result/179 ··· 6934.png

ping goes all the way up to 3K! --

it's fine for a few minutes (40+Mb speed, 10 ping)

oh i was forgetting to mention, and i have Ultra.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa to Wowthatsslow

Premium Member

to Wowthatsslow
said by Wowthatsslow:

So I e-mailed Wilt at 7am this morning. By 9am there were tests and maintenance being done on my line to start to diagnose the cause. 20 Minutes ago my Motorola was swapped out for an Arris TM822 and fuck me it looks like I've had 5 channels all along...

We'll see what my speeds look like in afew hours

That is what I did when I had speed issues - except I just called the regular support number. They sent a tech, tested my line, and replaced my Motorola with an Arris.
faithkhinich
join:2007-06-09
Brooklyn, NY

faithkhinich to Wowthatsslow

to Wowthatsslow
Please update us with your speed, i would like to know if it fixed your speed problems?
Wowthatsslow
Brooklyn, NY

Wowthatsslow to JRW2

to JRW2
Yeah my speeds are still FUBAR. 20's and 30's most of the night with afew quick bursts into the 40s for afew minutes, hell I even had an 18 for about 20 minutes.

Just fucking wow....

Umm yeah the regular CV techs tried doing the same thing each of the three times I called and I insisted the problem was not in my house and the problem is still not in my house they were just too fucking lazy to get people out to check the plant to me without the obvious kick in the ass Wilt gave them.
Etymologies
join:2008-12-17

Etymologies to Dunno Yet

to Dunno Yet
Same here, I have regular tier but only get about 6d/2u everyday. I have yet to see it higher than that, my connection drops multiple times a day and ridiculous latency spikes during peak hours. Techs would not replace my old modem either. Even better when I have a relatively substantial and active home network on this one connection.

I get this 24/7, 365. I do praise OOL for giving me such a consistent speed it hasnt dropped or increase since forever!
Dunno Yet

1 edit

Dunno Yet

It is much better right now | »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5236.png

the times i don't even get 1Mb and over 1K in ping appears to be around 6-8 pm. I'll see what happens today.
Wowthatsslow
Brooklyn, NY

Wowthatsslow to JRW2

to JRW2
Ok so I just got a call from the techs that have been checking out my line and they confirmed what I've been bitching about for 3 weeks. My speeds were all over the place from 24 to 44 on their tests from 11:07pm to 11:37pm last night. A trouble ticket has been made at the network level and hopefully the issues get resolved...

This is my normal speeds and if I could get this all the time I'd be more than happy
Dunno Yet

Dunno Yet to JRW2

to JRW2
FYI,

OOL Tech just swapped my modem, gave me the TM822 and this is my speed now|

»speedtest.net/result/179 ··· 0414.png

so far so good
Wowthatsslow
Brooklyn, NY

Wowthatsslow to JRW2

to JRW2
"Give somebody a rap on the beezer , get some respect around here."

Looks like my IP changed again late last night with whatever work they did.

Pretty sweet speeds considering its 9pm on a Saturday, I'm streaming Netflix on a WD Live Plus box and playing an online game plus whatever another PC on the network in another room is doing.

Anorexorcist
Premium Member
join:2005-08-21
Stamford, CT

Anorexorcist

Premium Member

I'm on Ultra and this has been normal for me for a few weeks now. Regardless what time of day it is.

I have a CV tech scheduled to come tomorrow. Hopefully what he/she will do will resolve my crap DL speed issue. My signal levels are fine...I can't imagine a modem swap will fix my issue but who knows. I do know that my area still only has 3 channel bonding.

rocafellanrd
join:2009-05-04

rocafellanrd

Keep thinking positive guys.
Hassan
join:2005-09-11
Valley Stream, NY

Hassan to JRW2

to JRW2
This has been happening for the last 2 weeks, and it finally got that bad today that I had to call to schedule an appointment. Low and behold some more packet loss and slower than molasses upload speeds.

»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 1789.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 1986.png
»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 2838.png
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3555.png
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4896.png
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 2571.png

But this one is the best:

Hopefully this get's fixed faster than the random slowdown at night time debacle that I had 3 months ago that took almost 2 months to resolve completely.

I now for some reason have a NJ IP Address even though I'm from NY and instead of a normal ~5-6ms ping I get ~8-10ms ping. Google sometimes takes ~15-30 seconds to load. The joy.

Enjoy

jaa
Premium Member

jaa

Premium Member

That should be easy to fix if the tech can see that when he is there. When is your appt?
Hassan
Valley Stream, NY

Hassan to JRW2

to JRW2
Appointment was made last night around 4 AM and the tech came at around 9:30 AM, he just left and speeds are back to normal he's done some checks, replaced my modem and found that I'm getting an abnormally low signal from the pole to the apartment. He said that testing on the pole he should have been getting 18-22 (whatever that means) and he said he was getting 7 on the pole testing so going from the pole to my apartment there's going to be some loss. He said that he's going to report that and it should be better (in regards to ping times) within 24 hrs. So let's see what happens.

jaa
Premium Member

jaa

Premium Member

Was that the soonest appointment they could give you?

Glad it is working better, and hopefully they will get the plant issue resolved too.
S33k3r
join:2012-02-27
Kalispell, MT

S33k3r to JRW2

to JRW2
look at what I got... and I have speed boost that is supposed to get me 30/5. Still waiting on the tech to call me back it's been since Monday.

Hassan
Valley Stream, NY

Hassan to JRW2

to JRW2
Download speeds seem alright 45-59 mbits, unfortunately same issues with the upload once again, ~10% average packet loss. Another tech coming out today for an all day appointment. I feel as if I'm going in circles as I was 4 or 5 months ago when I had a horrendous issue with upload/download from 9 PM to 2 AM. Now it's happening anywhere from ~12 AM to 12 PM EST, massive packet loss, .50-2.00 upload.

When this service is good it's really awesome and when it's messed up it's just terrible.

frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by Hassan:

Download speeds seem alright 45-59 mbits, unfortunately same issues with the upload once again, ~10% average packet loss. Another tech coming out today for an all day appointment. I feel as if I'm going in circles as I was 4 or 5 months ago when I had a horrendous issue with upload/download from 9 PM to 2 AM. Now it's happening anywhere from ~12 AM to 12 PM EST, massive packet loss, .50-2.00 upload.

When this service is good it's really awesome and when it's messed up it's just terrible.

[att=1]

[att=2]

When you speak to them, focus on the fact that there is packet loss as your problem, and not just the speeds. Schedule a morning appointment (8-11 window) for as soon as it's available so someone can be there when it happens, rather than an all-day, if possible. To me it would be better to have someone there when the issue is happening, rather than on an earlier date at the wrong time.
Hassan
Valley Stream, NY

Hassan

Yep, that's what I did frdrizzt. I had to do an all day appointment for that same day because it was the only thing available but I had the customer service rep put a note on the ticket to come as early as possible and low and behold the guy came right around ~9:30 AM. The problem was occurring he came up and talked to me for a couple of minutes and said they are going to be doing outside work today/tomorrow and to be patient for the next couple days. The same day I got a response from the OOL Direct forum and said they were doing some work outside and they will get back to me soon.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens, it's just annoying that this sort of thing happens every 4-6 months. It's like a recurring pattern. It also pains me to think that people who don't know anything related to networking are or anything even computer related are having these issues all over the place and they can't actually get the help they need.
Deanski
join:2009-09-30
Norwalk, CT

Deanski to JRW2

to JRW2
Yeah, I feel your pain. Just upgraded to Boost Plus and have the nice brand new Arris TM822G bonded to 5 channels, but this is what I get:

Modem feed is directly off two-way splitter from incoming CV service drop. My problem may be related to being in a condo and the older CV infrastructure feeding this location. It's sure not my wiring, all new RG6 Belden 1694A which is swept rated to 4Ghz + and broadcast quality.

Called several time to have this resolved, nothing. Looks like time to schedule a visit and I hope from not a Level-1 field engineer, I need somone who is qualified or do not waste my time.

The only Boost Plus I got was from CV "Boosting" my wallet

Deanski

jaa
Premium Member

jaa

Premium Member

But you got your issue resolved, right? What was the resolution? It may help people with similar problems.
Deanski
join:2009-09-30
Norwalk, CT

Deanski

Yes, it's up and running strong.

What happened was I upgraded to Boost Plus from std ool. After turning in my older Moto modem and getting a new Arris, it took 24hrs to assign BOOST PLUS to the account. Once that was done, I verified by removing all devices off the drop and putting the modem directly on the drop. After connecting it directly to the laptop, my download speeds were 57MB.

Now, with it back in it's location and all cable boxes added back, tried another PC-CARD NIC for the wireless and downstairs with a DLINK DIR-655 wireless router, I get 37+MB down.

Deanski
Deanski

Deanski to JRW2

to JRW2
I would also add that if at all possible, do as I did. Put the modem directly on the drop from CV, grab a laptop and attach to the modem directly. THEN, run the speed test and see what the results are on two speed test sites.

If it shows 50Mb+ down, then you can start looking "from the outside in" you could say. People should sould also start by putting on a two-way splitter FROM the CV drop so one feed goes straight to the modem (which mine does) and the other to whatever cable set-top boxes you have in the house.

This way, you can eliminate all other cabling and look directly on how it's attched to the modem with a good quality RG6 end-to-end.

If by chance speeds are slow at the drop, then it's time to call CV and have them send a truck out to see where the problem is between the house and node or elsewhere.

Rule of thumb, eliminate YOUR cabling first BEFORE involving CV except to verify Boost Plus was associated to the account and modem was provisioned correctly.

Deanski