uniqs
share rss forum feed

BillyB2

join:2009-12-15
Staten Island, NY

1 recommendation

Spike HD, MTV HD , Comedy Central HD, BET HD coming 1/27/10

Legals
Legal Notice Time Warner Cable's agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future: AAJ, Chinese Channel, Chinese Cinema, E!, Encore, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Mystery, Encore WAM!, Encore Westerns, Food Network, Fox Reality, Fox Soccer, Fox Sports Español, Fuel, FX, Great American Country (GAC), Lifetime, Media Korea, NGTV, Polski Radio, RTVi, Speed, STARZ!, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Edge, Starz in Black, Starz Kids and Family, Starz On Demand , Style, Supercanal, The Arabic Channel, The Korean Channel, TruTV, TV Japan, TV Polonia, WNYW, WPIX and WWOR. In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned: On or about January 27, 2010 we will launch MTV HD on ch. 720, Comedy Central HD on ch. 745, BET HD on ch. 737 and Spike TV HD on ch. 736. In addition, Palladia HD will move from 720 to 791, Weather Channel from ch. 72 to ch. 93, NYC TV 93 from ch. 93 to ch. 72 and Game HD will change from ch. 445 and 791 to ch. 445 only. You may downgrade or terminate service without charge at any time. Further, if carriage of a premium service is discontinued and you have incurred installation, upgrade or other one-time charges relating to such premium service within six months prior to the date of the change, you may elect to downgrade or terminate service within 30 days and obtain a rebate of any such charge.
Notices and Announcements - Legal Notice Published in Staten Island Advance 12/18. Updated 12/18.

VH1 HD, Nick HD and CMT HD is missing , maybe theyll come in Feb 2010, then again by then I could be at FIOS and will have all VIacom HD Networks

waffffffle6

join:2003-07-15
New York, NY

This is great info. Where did you find this? I have been frustrated with The Daily Show and The Colbert Report in HD yet I cannot see them.

BillyB2

join:2009-12-15
Staten Island, NY

Staten Island Advance newspaper , jts also on the twcnyc.com site , after you put your zip code

handbone

@rr.com
reply to BillyB2

It has now disappeared from their site. (Hudson Valley anyways). Hope it still comes, just one more week.

d0ofy

join:2000-04-29
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to BillyB2

The channels are live for me in Flushing, NY.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

Milwaukee Wisconsin had them on the test mode channels ready to launch, but a lot of customers had pixiation when they were in the system, so they are back to being placeholders with no video yet. I suspect the Viacom channels will be out for TWC-Milwaukee on January 31st.

Jack

handbone

@rr.com
reply to BillyB2

Did you reset your box? or did it just work? I'm going to try resetting just in case, cause it's not up for me

d0ofy

join:2000-04-29
Fresh Meadows, NY

said by handbone :

Did you reset your box? or did it just work? I'm going to try resetting just in case, cause it's not up for me
It just worked for me. At first the channels had no video, but it just suddenly worked.

handbone

@rr.com
reply to BillyB2

I guess they aren't adding it to my area now. None of the channels are up. It was in the local paper and on their site too.

MacAlert

join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY

And what area might that be?

handbone

@rr.com

Hudson Valley area. NY

jesseg3

join:2007-12-27
Astoria, NY
reply to BillyB2

Up for me in Astoria. My TiVo HD channel list hasn't updated yet, though. It has no info for Comedy Central and it still thinks 720 is Palladium.

Pauldo

join:2009-08-24
Buffalo, NY
reply to BillyB2

None of these Viacom HD channels have appeared on Time Warner Buffalo's legal notification section which hasn't been updated since January 1st.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

said by Pauldo:

None of these Viacom HD channels have appeared on Time Warner Buffalo's legal notification section which hasn't been updated since January 1st.
That is because there is nothing to update it with!

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

fts718

join:2008-03-13
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to BillyB2

Yea! Finally been waiting for viacom hd for the longest!

I have all the channels listed in HD now, i'm glad I stumbled across this post it would have taken me days before I realize it.

handbone

@rr.com
reply to BillyB2

Well TW finally added these channels, took longer, but glad its now here

Pauldo

Buffalo, NY

We probably get these HD channels in Time Warner Buffalo by mid to late summer of 2010.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Pauldo:

We probably get these HD channels in Time Warner Buffalo by mid to late summer of 2010.
and then you will moan that your bill increased eh?

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pauldo

Buffalo, NY

"and then you will moan that your bill increased eh?"

No, those HD channels were negotiated in the agreement between TWC and Viacom. I am complaining that since we have the latest increase as of 2/1/2010, we should "Have these stations in the lineup"!

You definitely work for TWC, you figure every new channel deserves a price increase to the consumer. You failed to mention that the latest price increase was determined weeks before the January 1st deadline when TWC provided the bogus "Roll Over and Get Greedy" fiasco. By the way Hob,
where is that smokescreen program now, it just disappeared?

Spiderman865

join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL
reply to BillyB2

Columbus, OH area added the following HD channels on Tuesday 2/2:

1103 Nickelodeon-HD
1206 Spike-HD
1207 Comedy Central-HD
1216 BET-HD
1250 MTV-HD
1252 VHI-HD
1254 CMT-HD
1623 MoreMax-HD
1624 ActionMax-HD
1644 Showtime Showcase-HD
Also added a 2nd Game HD channel for NHL Center Ice.
--
Who?...Me?

Pauldo

Buffalo, NY

1 edit

Not here in TWC-Buffalo. Probably won't be until mid summer or late summer.

TWC hasn't even update their legal notifications area on their site as it is still from January 1, 2010. Yet, my bill indicates all the coming charges through April 1, 2010. Someone at TWC dropped the ball on keeping their legal notifications site about to date.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

1 edit

"TWC hasn't even update their legal notifications area on their site as it is still from January 1, 2010. Yet, my bill indicates all the coming charges through April 1, 2010. Someone at TWC dropped the ball on keeping their legal notifications site about to date."

The key word is legal. You have a notification of the channel changes period as you told us. That fulfills the legal need.

Can you provide a link to Verizons page? No you can not because there is not one.

Thank You.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

1 edit
reply to BillyB2

MTV HD looks like SD on an HD channel except they didn't even bother to add "curtains"

Nothing to get excited about.

reply to BillyB2

NYC, NY - thank you so much. I didn't think Spike had HD so I missed UFC prelims I wanted to watch last night. I'm so glad I found this post.

Pauldo

Buffalo, NY

Who knows, maybe Time Warner Buffalo won't get any of the Viacom HD stations until 2011.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
Orchard Park, NY

said by Pauldo:

Who knows, maybe Time Warner Buffalo won't get any of the Viacom HD stations until 2011.
I think if there was support for them then they will come. From my understanding from reading forums that have them, they show little HD content and fulfill a niche need for some.

Hob
--
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pauldo

Buffalo, NY

Most likely it is TWC that hasn't upgraded locally for any new HD station additions.

“Some of them are contingent on carriage deals,” said Unaitis. “Others we do have the rights to carry, we just haven’t done the engineering required to have them yet.”

»www.buffalonews.com/opinion/colu···490.html

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1
reply to BillyB2

San Diego should be at 95 HD channels and we have all the viacom HD's.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

1 edit

the way they are keeping capex low this year is deploying SDV.

They are finished or almost finished upgrading all of former Adelphia LA,TWC legacy LA, and Dallas to 870MHz/1GHz.

Dallas was finished in 2008.

the reason dallas was upgraded only to 870MHz is because parts of far north dallas and oakcliff was 870MHz before they removed the B line in dallas.

so they went from dallas surburbs 750MHz and dallas,richardson,plano,mesquite 550MHz A line and B line 330MHz to all 870MHz.

The dual lines were upgraded first in october 2006-end of 2007,and the surburbs were upgraded to 870MHz in 2008.

TWC in my opinion is only going to buy the encoders for hd,sdv,some sd,and (docsis 3.0 where they think it is profitable(verizon,att areas???),new nodes, line gear.

they are going to use exsisting bandwidth now that they have modernized most of there systems

the only places I could see upgrading are 550MHz areas like ((areas for expanded basic transition to digital only???) and adding sdv for more channels???))

barstow
telluride
gunnison
keene/grundy
tazewell/richlands

dallas going sdv is easy they need to move a few HD,sports packages,and west coast premiums to sdv to have enough bandwidth for it)

I could see dallas moving the 5 expanded basic Digital simulcast QAMs from:
729MHz
735MHz
741MHz
747MHz
753MHz

down to
363MHz
381MHz
447MHz
459MHz
519MHz

and switching these to SDV
543MHz (espn ppv/cbs college/gol tv)
627MHz (mlb/nba)
633MHz (nba/mls/mlb 13-14)
687MHz (hbo/cinemax/cnn espanol/boomerang/cnn international)
825MHz (Discovey HD, Animal Planet HD, National Geographic HD)
831MHz (HD PPV,HMC HD, FX HD)
837MHz (Disney HD,Disney XD HD, Abc Family HD)
843MHz (LMN HD, TLC HD, PLANET GREEN HD)
849MHz (ESPNU HD, SCIENCE CHANNEL HD, TRAVEL HD)
855MHz (BIO HD,ESPNNEWS HD, SPEED HD
861MHz (FOX NEWS HD,WEATHER CHANNEL HD, CBS COLLEGE HD)

move QAMs around to get 16 SDV QAMs in a group.

these would be non SDV
HD QAM 1
ESPN HD
ESPN 2 HD
TNT HD

HD QAM 2
TBS HD
CNN HD
A&E HD
HD QAM 3
FOOD HD
HGTV HD
FSN HD

HD QAM 4
VS HD
GOLF HD
HISTORY HD

HD QAM 5
HBO HD
SHO HD
MAV HD

HD QAM 6
MAX HD
STZ HD
HD THEATER

HD QAM 7
SMITHSONIAN HD
UHD
MGM HD

HD QAM 8
USA HD
BRAVO HD
SYFY HD

HD QAM 9
KTVT HD
KTXA HD

HD QAM 10
KERA HD
WFAA HD
3 sub channels

HD QAM 11
KDFW HD
KXAS HD
sub channels

HD QAM 12
KDAF HD
KDFI HD
KDAF HD

HD QAM 13
future locals

and local HD

this is not official

dallas has a lot of bandwith for digital to play with 59QAMs and they already have 4 QAMS in use or are reserved for docsis load balancing/DOCSIS 3.0)

we even have a qam with only vod barkers on it.

so they could remove 7 HD QAMs and still get away with SDV.

there is 1 spare qam above 77 open for future use so this would work.

reply to BillyB2

Time Warner Cable screwed us in Los Angeles yet again... Viacom channels were supposedly all going to be offered in HD on January 15, 2010 per the programming alert on their website -- which I called and verified with a CSR to make sure my lineup would change. They hadn't appeared on January 19, so I called again to ask and was reassured we'd be getting them by the end of that week.

Now the programming alerts have disappeared, and TWC reps are telling me they have no record of ever planning to offer those channels. I have a Google cache of the page where the programming alert appeared, yet everyone I've talked to has denied its existence and has no idea how I got the web archive I have.