join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Radio Active

Re: Correction

said by Radio Active:

It's all fluff, smoke and mirrors. How many consumers' computers can actually utilize/process that kind of bandwidth?

NONE...yet! But imagine a sigle fiber able to handle a medium business location, or a apt. complex/hotel or a personal server farm (don't forget the cost of the service, plus the power requirements/bill)
By the time this reaches end user deployment, there will be demand (one drives the other)

Radio Active
My pappy's a pistol
Premium
join:2003-01-31
Fullerton, CA

said by tshirt:

said by Radio Active:

It's all fluff, smoke and mirrors. How many consumers' computers can actually utilize/process that kind of bandwidth?

NONE...yet! But imagine a sigle fiber able to handle a medium business location, or a apt. complex/hotel or a personal server farm (don't forget the cost of the service, plus the power requirements/bill)
By the time this reaches end user deployment, there will be demand (one drives the other)
Good point. I just wasn't looking at the "bigger" picture, that one connection could actually be used for more than a couple or few devices.

"D'OH!" on me. With many devices and adequate routing and switching, I imagine this is not unattainable or unusable. Thanks, all, for the clue.
--
"Have fun storming the castle!"