uniqs
share rss forum feed

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1
reply to tmc8080

Re: more details please

well if you figure in the $300 one time feee for cablevision to a per month or after that fee $100 a month for $100/15 is not that bad of a price.

Verizon will have to come up with 100 /25 or 100/50 to compete. I dont see wh ythey didnt do that already.

Maybe because some of long island is on bpon instead of gpon.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by majortom1029:

well if you figure in the $300 one time feee for cablevision to a per month or after that fee $100 a month for $100/15 is not that bad of a price.

Verizon will have to come up with 100 /25 or 100/50 to compete. I dont see wh ythey didnt do that already.

Maybe because some of long island is on bpon instead of gpon.
We all know if 100% of the node is activated, the MAX utilization (without SHARING thruput like a cablemodem does) is 75 megabits upload, each. Upgrading the CPE ONT to gpons doubles that bandwidth, so-- in theory 150megabits upload is possible. The major carriers have not given good reasons (or excuses) WHY they are not offering symmetric plans to the public at affordable pricing. Cablevision will eventually drop the early adopter fee, probably after the spin-off of MSG is complete. Verizon is also kinda desperate.. they're now offering the FIOS triple play for $69.99 a month for one year ** not inclusive of the taxes, fees, and settop rentals per month (so figure they're approximating a match to the $99 a month price give or take $5), then on top of that offering $150 cash back (for fulfilling at LEAST the 1-year contract). This apparently means customers don't really like the phone and cable-tv crap that Verizon is shoveling in the greater NY Metro area, and the honeymoon that was FIOS INTERNET WAS OVER IN 2007ish. As we head into 2010, I predict that there WILL be some increased competition in the MOST competitive geographies, but the rest of you out there are still SCREWED (IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN)!