uniqs

noelstrom
meh.
Premium Member
join:2003-04-07
London, ON

noelstrom

Premium Member

[Hockey] Are the Red Wings cursed or what?!?

Now Zetterberg is hurt. The Wings are now without:

Zetterberg
Johan Franzen
Val Filppula
Jason Williams
Dan Cleary
Darren Helm
Niklas Kronwall
Jonathan Ericsson

And yet, they still sit in 8th. Tell me, are there any other teams out there today that could be missing 8 regulars, and still be in playoff contention?

Mauricio0
aka CigaR
Premium Member
join:2008-12-06
Montreal, PQ

Mauricio0

Premium Member

They have depth and a good coaching staff.

tyler00
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Pickering, ON

tyler00 to noelstrom

Premium Member

to noelstrom
Jimmy Howard has been incredible and they still have Lidstrom, Stuart, Rafalski and Lebda kicking ass on the D side!

Such a solid team though!

And the good thing about Zetterberg's injury is that he is only expected to miss about two weeks and because of the holidays and the way the schedule works out it should only be about 4 games.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to noelstrom

Premium Member

to noelstrom
Of course they're cursed. That's a byproduct of the deal with Satan that Illitch signed about 20 years ago.

noelstrom
meh.
Premium Member
join:2003-04-07
London, ON

1 recommendation

noelstrom

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Of course they're cursed. That's a byproduct of the deal with Satan that Illitch signed about 20 years ago.
I'll take that. 4 Cup wins in my lifetime compared to.....

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to noelstrom

Mod

to noelstrom
said by noelstrom:

Tell me, are there any other teams out there today that could be missing 8 regulars, and still be in playoff contention?
While the Senators aren't missing 8, they are missing 5 (and had their 7th defenseman playing winger during the last game against Buffalo):

Jason Spezza
Chris Neil
Nick Foligno
Sean Donovan
Pascal Leclaire

All the forwards have knee problems and the #1 goalie took a puck to the face while sitting on the bench which broke a bone in his face.

alamarco
Premium Member
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON

alamarco to noelstrom

Premium Member

to noelstrom
Detroit has been lucky with injuries over the years, about time they finally get some injuries.

Mauricio0
aka CigaR
Premium Member
join:2008-12-06
Montreal, PQ

Mauricio0

Premium Member

said by alamarco:

Detroit has been lucky with injuries over the years, about time they finally get some injuries.
Umm..what ? Nobody should wish for injuries on any given team.. They're people after all.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Mauricio0:

Umm..what ? Nobody should wish for injuries on any given team.. They're people after all.
[soylent green]The Detroit Red Wings are People!...They're People!! [/soylent green]

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig to noelstrom

Premium Member

to noelstrom
said by noelstrom:

And yet, they still sit in 8th. Tell me, are there any other teams out there today that could be missing 8 regulars, and still be in playoff contention?
You might look at the Canucks early season. They had 8 + starters out. Luongo & a Sedin in that group. Never mind the two non starters from the start of the year Cody Hodgson & Pavol Demitra. Then again the Canucks aren't in contention being as to how they are three points back of Detroit.

alamarco
Premium Member
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON

alamarco to Mauricio0

Premium Member

to Mauricio0
It's sports, you always wish bad things upon the other team. It's not like I'm wishing death upon them. Injuries happen, people live on.

kingb71
join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON

kingb71 to noelstrom

to noelstrom
The compressed schedule is hurting more than a few teams. Better to have the injuries now than during the post Olympic stretch run.
WNGFAN 1
join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON

WNGFAN 1 to noelstrom

to noelstrom
said by noelstrom:

said by shaner:

I'll take that. 4 Cup wins in my lifetime compared to.....
Bingo Noelstrom. We've had quite the run the past 14-15 years and the good thing about being a Wings fan in this era is We have an owner that wants to win not just rake in the $$$ and a GM who will have us back at the top within a couple years
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster to noelstrom

Premium Member

to noelstrom
Karma for being good all those years..