spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tweston
join:2006-11-24
Fort Myers, FL

tweston

DNS problem

The DNS servers supplied by Century Tel here in northern Michigan seem to be funky today. Some URLs, like google.com and amazon.com work fine. However others, like wsj.com and nyt.com can not be resolved.

I switched the dns servers on my computer to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) and everything is fine.

Any thoughts?
rabeatz7
Premium Member
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

Since your state is legacy CenturyTel service, your question might be better handled in the »CenturyTel forum. This is the Legacy Embarq forum - The forums haven't fully merged yet and the support within Centurylink is still seperated between the two companies.
tweston
join:2006-11-24
Fort Myers, FL

tweston

sigh . . . posting there seems to be disabled
rabeatz7
Premium Member
join:2009-03-21
Apopka, FL

rabeatz7

Premium Member

hmmm... dunno what's going there then, hopefully a mod can find this and move the topic, unless someone in the Embarq forum has some advice.

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South

2 edits

1 recommendation

skj to tweston

Mod

to tweston
said by tweston:

sigh . . . posting there seems to be disabled
Posting in the CenturyTel forum has NOT been disabled.

We have a CenturyLink tech who may be able to help you, CTL_Joey See Profile. I will send him a link to this thread.

As we have not merged yet, I am also going to send this thread over to the CenturyTel forum.
BigVe
join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

BigVe to tweston

to tweston
I had same problem on one of my lines and moved to opendns and it all started working fine.Guess that's where i will stay

Eighthman
Premium Member
join:2001-06-14
Troy, MO

Eighthman to tweston

Premium Member

to tweston
OpenDNS is the way to go. I have been using it for a year with no trouble. Give it a try