spc
Search similar:

uniqs
spark916
join:2009-12-22
Sacramento, CA

spark916

[Speed Problem] Lost sync.

I have a problem with my connection every now in then by me saying that like every 20-30 mins it goes out for a quick second and sometimes a little longer it persist through the day. And now seems like there is a drag in my connection cant download as fast . I have the Elite package. and my setup is modem to computer no router . Im new to the site and thought you guys could help me here more then att.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

»AT&T West FAQ » What information do you need in order to help me with my DSL problem?
spark916
Sacramento, CA

spark916

1) Which AT&T DSL Package do you have �
Elite (6.0Mbps down)

2) Which modem brand and model do you have? westell 6100

3) Are you using a router? NO

4) Is your PPPoE login info (username & password) entered in the modem, in your router or do you use PPPoE software? Modem

5) Describe the lights on the modem when the trouble occurs. ethernet and activity blink at he same time

6) Confirm that you�ve checked to ensure that ALL devices plugged into the wall jacks serviced by your DSL phone number (except the DSL modem) have filters fitted.

everything is correct

7) Confirm that you�ve powered off the modem and started it again and whether or not that made any changes with your problem.

everything is correct

8) Do you hear any type of noise on the DSL phone line or any other unusual telephone symptoms? No

9) Provide line stats as follows�

Max Allowed Speed (kbps) 6016 768
SN Margin (dB) 17 15
Line Attenuation (dB) 15 7
Loss of Signal 0 -
Loss of Frame - -
CRC Errors 10 4

10) If you have a speed problem, use the AT&T Speed Test here -- »helpme.att.net/dsl/speedtest/ and post your results.

Download = 4.973 Mbps
Upload = 625.97 kbps

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac to spark916

MVM

to spark916
said by spark916:

I have a problem with my connection every now in then by me saying that like every 20-30 mins it goes out for a quick second and sometimes a little longer it persist through the day.
If you look at line 32 on the technician readout that will show how long the modem has had dsl sync

You should also look at line 40 that will show how long the modem has had a pppoe session

nestrapez
in HD
join:2000-10-01
Los Angeles, CA

nestrapez to spark916

to spark916
I am having the same problem for the past month. Just last week I noticed I didnt have a dial tone, got that fixed but I'm still getting lag spikes on my dsl.
spark916
Sacramento, CA

spark916

ok not only is my speed slower i cant get calls it hangs up on them