spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jimbo48
join:2000-11-17
Asheville, NC

jimbo48

comcast??

I went to the Comcast WEBsite input my address etc and got the following info on my address

Performance

Get download speeds up to 15 Mbps and uploads up to 3 Mbps with PowerBoost® for only $19.99 a month for 6 months!
The perfect upgrade from DSL so you can download music, upload photos and chat with friends faster than ever before.
Comprehensive Security Suite.
SmartZone® Communications Center with 7 e-mail accounts, each with 10GB of storage.
ESPN360.com on Comcast.net.
This special price is for customers who currently subscribe to Comcast Cable or Comcast Digital Voice® service.

Minimum System Requirements

Terms and Conditions

Learn More

Special Comcast.com Price!
$19.99
for the first 6 months
$42.95 per month thereafter

I noted that they don't show the fastest tiers nor do they offer a price for NEW customers who don't have cable or voice on the same page. If you bundle products- lo and behold the faster tiers show up again special pricing in BIG BOLD type and a disclaimer note that is conveniently buried that this is special pricing for current customers only. You have to dig a bit deeper to find out the real prices. It appears that the best they are offering in my area is the "UP TO 15/3"
They do say the following for the specially priced Cable
... all brought to you by America's leading enhanced fiber-optic network* for TV, phone and Internet.

*Incorporates fiber and coax.
On the unbundled Internet package no mention of Fiber- hmmm does this mean they only offer fiber to people who buy the TV/Voice along with Internet?
Makes me wonder about COMCAST! Guess my area is one of those that won't make the end of year rollout.