how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

karlmarx

join:2006-09-18
Chicago, IL

Hopefully this signals a change

But I won't hold my breath. What hope does one huge government organization have against the fat cat executives of the megacorps? Not much. Expect to see more illegal contributions to the politicians to sweep this under the table. America is no longer a country for the people, it's a country for the corporations. And that's sad. Suck it up america, admit that it doesn't matter whether you vote for Kodos or Kang, they are both sides of the same coin. Sure, vote for a third party, and throw your vote away. The days of freedom and equality have gone the way of the dodo. You exist to serve your corporate masters. The roman empire looked a lot like the US today, before it fell.
--
Remember 1 in 4 people are retarded. 25% of Americans are Republican. Coincidence? I don't think so.

malikeye

join:2002-09-02
Raleigh, NC

"The roman empire looked a lot like the US today, before it fell."

You're not the first person I've heard make this observation.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to karlmarx

said by karlmarx:

The roman empire looked a lot like the US today, before it fell.
Not even close.

jsz0
Premium
join:2008-01-23
Jewett City, CT
reply to karlmarx

Obama's FCC has been much more consumer friendly than the previous regime so far. We haven't seen much action yet but lots of inquires. We'll have to see what comes of them in the future but for now Genachowski has been there less than 6 months and has already rattled some cages. Pretty good start I'd say. Point is, there is a large idealogical difference in how the FCC is run under Democrats and Republicans so your vote most definitely does matter when it comes to FCC policy.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

said by karlmarx:

The roman empire looked a lot like the US today, before it fell.
Not even close.
You don't see the parallels?

By the time the Western Roman Empire began its decline (around 400AD to 476AD), that government was so overburderned by spending obligations that it could not fund the military to the levels needed to sustain the territorial integrity of the Empire. Whole provinces had to be abandoned as a result. Without a strong military, the Empire was able to be easily overrun by foreigners and invaders.

While the USA hasn't gotten to the level of having to give up whole states yet, anyone who looks at the current federal budget can't logically come to any other conclusion other than that it is a comical absurdity in the sheer level of spending madness that continues unabated, and in complete ignorance to the lack of money available to pay for anything. Then there's that problem with securing the borders ...
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.