dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Vietnam
This is a sub-selection from Just face the facts...
viperlmw
Premium Member
join:2005-01-25

viperlmw to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: Just face the facts...

said by FFH5:

said by Harddrive:

in the digital age, there will always be piracy of digital media. its just too easy to get it free.
The real tragedy here is that parents, through their words and actions, tell their children that it is ok to steal, cheat, & lie - just don't get caught. And that is why policies to enforce morality aren't working. We have a generation of people who have been taught that anything goes; morals are relative; and if caught hire a good lawyer to get out of it.
Speak for yourself.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by viperlmw:
said by FFH5:
said by Harddrive:

in the digital age, there will always be piracy of digital media. its just too easy to get it free.
The real tragedy here is that parents, through their words and actions, tell their children that it is ok to steal, cheat, & lie - just don't get caught. And that is why policies to enforce morality aren't working. We have a generation of people who have been taught that anything goes; morals are relative; and if caught hire a good lawyer to get out of it.
Speak for yourself.
I always do. Who else would I speak for?
jauman
join:2001-12-06
Kent, WA

2 recommendations

jauman

You presume to speak for all parents. Your statement of "parents, through their words and actions, tell their children that it is ok to steal, cheat, & lie - just don't get caught" asserts all parents DO condone it. Your broad statement is *far* from the truth.

In our capitalist society where theft writ large occurs by corporate leaders and there are anti-consumer actions that borderline on criminal (most-recent example being Verizon's $1.99 mystery data fee), is it really then surprising that small scale theft flourishes?
viperlmw
Premium Member
join:2005-01-25

viperlmw to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by viperlmw:

said by FFH5:

said by Harddrive:

Speak for yourself.
said by FFH5:

I always do. Who else would I speak for?
"The real tragedy here is that I, through MY words and actions, tell MY children that it is ok to steal, cheat, & lie - just don't get caught. And that is why policies to enforce morality aren't working. I have a generation of people who have been taught that anything goes; morals are relative; and if caught hire a good lawyer to get out of it."

Then I fixed it for you!
« Vietnam
This is a sub-selection from Just face the facts...