Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to patcat88

Re: I'll beat the 3/768 dead horse

said by patcat88:

said by Duramax08:

Its better then dial up right? The transition from dial up to 3/768 would be a miracle for alot of people. It might not make you happy but im sure it will make a household with 2 adults and 2 children happy. Im grateful with my 1 mbps down and 40kbps up. Would I love something faster, You bet your ass I would but atleast im out of that dial up hellhole no one wants to be in.
Look, even your not on dialup. Nobody is. Anyone who really needs web access and is stuck on dialup has gotten wildblue by now. Its slow, but youtube and microsoft updates is somewhat usable now. With a contract, the equipment is basically free. Today's dialup is satellite, 3G and DSL less so.
Nobody is on dialup? I am sure those millions still on AOL would beg to differ.

patcat88

join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY
said by Cheese:

Either they subscribe to AOL and don't use the dialup portion anymore, or they don't use the public internet, or the public internet is optional in their life, and they would drop it on a dime for financial reasons if they had to.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

1 recommendation

reply to Cheese
I have fios... 3/768 is dial up to me.

yolarry

join:2007-12-29
Creston, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Cheese
said by Cheese:

and Hughesnet
--
HN7000S 5.6.1.35 - 99 West 1370 MHz -Transmit 1 watt - .74m Dish - Pro Plan - installed October 2007 - WRT54G V6 DD-WRT V24