spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tunlvzn
@cableone.net

tunlvzn

Anon

bye bye Cable One

I've been a CableOne customer since the 70's on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and finally have had enough. Numerous price increases over the years, poor service and awfull programming. I spent alot of time watching the TV Guide channel roll around and nothing worth watching. All this for over $100 a month. Now I've dropped them and all I have to say is watch me smile CableOne!

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

Eh, I can agree that their prices are absurd for what you get.

I'm probably moving into Comcast territory sometime later next year (or so I hope).

If I had the choice right now though, I'd keep CableOne strictly for internet and satellite for TV (Though I don't watch too much TV either; too much garbage and nothing original anymore.)

I'd go back to DSL if they offered more than paltry 1.5 mbit speeds on my loop (Unstable mind you), but that isn't happening. They've got no plans to upgrade this place.

sprockets09
@cableone.net

sprockets09

Anon

The problem with cableone is this: They see other cable companies charging these rates, and they think we can too they thik their customers are idiots.

We get charged the rate but dont get the service that say cablevision or comcast gets.

For instance, last quarter cableone posted 112 million in profits (approx) yet they havnt upgrade our speeds or went to docsis 3.0 and have reduced the amnt of channels.

THis tells us the customer that when the time comes (FTTH from qwest verizion or whoever) we will jump ship out of principle. I for one know that when 20 mbit qwest is here if they offer it for even a dollar cheaper than cableone's (hopefully 20mbit future package) ill jump ship out of principle.

Even though I emailed the CEO of the company and talked to the VP my issues still presist and Im sorry the issue shouldnt even be here,

So I applaud you for leaving this company if you have an alternative, I told the CEO Tom Might that ill be leaving soon too if it wasnt resolved. Ill give them time since its the holiday season but if it isnt ill just buy two lines from qwest rated @ 7mbps each and use a dual wan router to get 14mbps for abou thte same price of their 12mbps and qwest has 4 times the service.

Anyways have a good one

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by sprockets09 :

The problem with cableone is this: They see other cable companies charging these rates, and they think we can too they thik their customers are idiots.

We get charged the rate but dont get the service that say cablevision or comcast gets.
+1

I could not agree with you more. I get charged the same amount for CableOne as other people get charged with Comcast.

I get much slower internet speeds, far fewer channels and NO ON-DEMAND!?

I would say that more than half of my neighbors have satellite for TV (for obvious reasons). CableOne really needs to wake up and offer more services for the price that they charge.

sagean
@cableone.net

sagean to tunlvzn

Anon

to tunlvzn
It could be worse.... at least as far as the rate increases go. I have Cox for only internet service because in a period of 2 years they have increased their rates 8 times. Cox has an issue with introducing new products, automatically upgrading all customers to it, and then later raising their rates and raping their customers. I don't believe that Cable One has had this many rate increases. Also Cable One only delivers the channels, they don't control what is shown on these channels. Why bother with TV or a DVR when you can go to most TV Studio websites and watch your favorite shows on your schedule for free.