uniqs
34574589 (banned)
join:2009-09-05

1 edit

34574589 (banned) to ptrowski

to ptrowski

Re: A pressing need to "refurbish" PhonePower tech help

said by ptrowski:

Look, divert all you want but where do you see the issue being specifically the OP's ISP is the issue vs somewhere else in the path to the servers? Besides saying change your ISP what help have you provided? I have suggested they monitor their line, do some traceroutes etc. Seems like I am helping and you are hindering.
And you really think PP has not done that already? Seems to me like since this post caught the attention of the CEO; ya really think your teaching them something they don't already know? O that's right silly me you have your own VoIp company next to ViaTalk in Clifton Park, huh? Yes, I'm just using a little humor, lol...

Just because they don't post their findings to get your approval in a public forum does not mean they have not spent due diligence working with the OP. I know your curious just like I am about having more information, just because they decided not to share it publicly it does not mean they were not helping the OP and did due diligence. Thanks

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

My suggestion is to the OP. And please stop bringing up Viatalk, we know you are obsessed with them. Either help the OP or not.
34574589 (banned)

3 edits

34574589 (banned)

said by ptrowski:

My suggestion is to the OP. And please stop bringing up Viatalk, we know you are obsessed with them. Either help the OP or not.
I just mentioned them because your in love with them and they can DO NO WRONG! Even though their forum is littered with unhappy campers that are leaving! Which brings up why would you suggest the OP try ViaTalk when so many people are bailing and complaining about them in the VT forum. JMHO

I better choice would be VoIpo, Callcentric, or VoicePulse...hmmm...
Anyway, I have nothing more to say... That OP knows what has to be done and it is pointless going back and forth with someone who thinks they have a degree in VoIp engineering...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I mentioned Voipo and Viatalk, I use both and they work well so why would I not recommend them?

I never claimed to be a VoIP engineer, I just asked for you to explain looking at that graph how you determined where in the route the issue is. I look at it and see no distinguishing information.
34574589 (banned)

34574589 (banned)

Click for full size
said by ptrowski:

I mentioned Voipo and Viatalk, I use both and they work well so why would I not recommend them?

I never claimed to be a VoIP engineer, I just asked for you to explain looking at that graph how you determined where in the route the issue is. I look at it and see no distinguishing information.
I rest my case for ViaTalk

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

Wow, this thread wend downhill rather dramatically.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to 34574589

Premium Member

to 34574589
Again, going back to the OP and the graph that was presented, can you explain where in the path between the OP and Phonepower that particuluar issue lies?
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to benjo129

to benjo129
Although it is possible that the OP's problem is not local, IMHO it is very improbable. With an upstream cap of only 128 kbps, there is little margin for error. The likely causes of delay are:
1. Unexpected traffic from the PC (malware, process running in background, filesharing, etc.)
2. Problem with cable modem or drop.
3. Oversubscription of local node.

Switching to another VoSP is very unlikely to help.

If the OP still believes otherwise, see if the test at »myvoipspeed.visualware.com/ when using a server at or near the prospective provider's location gives better results than when testing to Phonepower.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

An interesting point which I forgot to ask the OP was when they mentioned choppiness did they hear it or did the other party?