Search similar:

uniqs

Grappik
@comcast.net

2 edits

Grappik

Anon

DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Conyers, GA-w/a problem by Grappik

I am a little confused. I was upgraded to the 50/10 speeds here in Conyers, GA yesterday. The tech came out with a new modem, installed it all, and left.

I never hit anywhere near the 50/10 speeds, and after finding this site, I looked at my modem's "Status" page and find that it is a DOCSIS 2.0 modem. This is what comes up under "System":

"ARRIS DOCSIS 2.0 / PacketCable 1.0 Touchstone Telephony Modem HW_REV: 04
VENDOR: Arris Interactive, L.L.C.
BOOTR: 6.23
SW_REV: 6.1.51I
MODEL: TM602G"

So, was I given the wrong modem? Or is this one capable of the Extreme 50/10 speeds, also?
SteveTeow
Premium Member
join:2009-01-06
Voorhees, NJ

1 recommendation

SteveTeow

Premium Member

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Conyers, GA - with a problem

You need a Docsis 3.0 EMTA to get the full 50/10 speed. Send me a PM or go to the Direct Forum »Comcast Direct
I need some account info from you to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny to Grappik

to Grappik

Re: DOCSIS 3.0 Available in Conyers, GA-w/a problem by Grappik

SteveTeow See Profile is a Comcast employee who is authorized to assist members of this site. He can help.

»/faq/16267

You need to register here to reach him via this site, but a regular account is free. You can then talk to him by PM or in the secure Comcast Direct Forum (see link in his post above).
Grappik
join:2009-12-30
Conyers, GA

Grappik to Grappik

to Grappik
The issue is getting resolved. I called Comcast this morning about what I had noticed, and they said they had me signed up with the 16 Mb service. So, somehow some wires had gotten crossed in regards to the order I had placed.

They are sending out a tech with the new modem tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for responding!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

Sunny

Glad you are getting it straight and have Comcast willing to help from several fronts. And welcome to BBR.