spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

muffinelisa

@shawcable.net

Toshiba Satellite won't connect to the Internet

I recently bought a D-LINK wireless router model no. DIR-615. Currently, I have my PC set up to it with an ethernet cable (which is working without a glitch) and I am trying to set up my Toshiba Satellite which is running Windows SP2 and has an Atheros Wireless Lan driver (802.11 A&G) to run wirelessly. Before I had bought this router, my laptop was connected to the internet with a ethernet cable. I am not tech-savvy by any means and I am having a heck of a time trying to set this up. Right now, in Network Connections under the sub title Network Bridge that the Wireless Connection is unavailable, which it quite untrue because my PS3 and Ipod are both able to connect to the internet via the router.

I am at a loss at what to do... please help me!

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

Some Toshiba computers have a wireless antenna switch on the side of the computer. Make sure that is turned on. Otherwise you won't get any wireless connection. Others might have an "Fn" combination key that enables/disables the WiFi.
--
AT&T Uverse; Zyxel NBG334W router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 11.0; firefox 3.0.16

muffinelisa

@shawcable.net

My antenna switch is on. Still no luck.

sheilakmcd
Birdbrain On Computer
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Liberty, KY
reply to muffinelisa

When you have both a wired and wireless connection enabled in XP, it sometimes assumes you want to bridge the connections. If you are showing a Network Bridge in your connections, that is probably the problem. In network connections, right click on both the wired and wireless connections and select to remove from bridge. Then right click on the network bridge and delete it. Now, for troubleshooting, right click on the wired connection and select disable, and right click on the wireless connection and verify it is set to enabled.
--
Windstream DSL 3.0Mb/384KB -ex DirecPC/Hughes DRS user. Speedstream 5200 modem(bridged), Linksys WRT54G2 router, Dell 4700 (XPHome), Compaq N1000c (XPPro), Acer Aspire One D150-1577 XPHome, 2 XPPro white box (both home built)