uniqs
share rss forum feed

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:19
reply to JDmailNY

Re: [CCNA] switchport mode access : Command Question : Why use i

Just to chime in with my 0.02c about certs and all... I think it's best summed up by the
old catch-22 "No Work, No Experience. No Experience, No Work." I myself had my CCNA
before I got started where I am, but while it got me into (and through) the interview, when
I sat down at the desk for the first time, it was like "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas
anymore."

A recognized best practices section somewhere in the material wouldn't hurt either, however
where to shoehorn it in? I'm working thru my NP, and it's as heavy as it was since they
last revamped it, probably even more. In the old curriculum, I would've said stuff it in
with the Troubleshooting since it seems the most relevant.

Regards

JDmailNY

join:2007-12-02
Pearl River, NY
said by HELLFIRE:

Just to chime in with my 0.02c about certs and all... I think it's best summed up by the
old catch-22 "No Work, No Experience. No Experience, No Work." I myself had my CCNA
before I got started where I am, but while it got me into (and through) the interview, when
I sat down at the desk for the first time, it was like "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas
anymore."

A recognized best practices section somewhere in the material wouldn't hurt either, however
where to shoehorn it in? I'm working thru my NP, and it's as heavy as it was since they
last revamped it, probably even more. In the old curriculum, I would've said stuff it in
with the Troubleshooting since it seems the most relevant.

Regards
Thanks for the information