DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 edit

ArrayList

Premium Member

$529 is not cheap

but then again people send well over $100/month on their cable bills and don't complain so i'm lost in the logic.

at least for $529 you can actually get something.

i'm just going to wait it out and watch for sales. I picked up my g1 in the first 3 months for $99 new from amazon.

i'd be shocked to not see something like that eventually.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
join:2001-03-28
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by ArrayList:

but then again people send well over $100/month on their cable bills and don't complain so i'm lost in the logic.

at least for $529 you can actually get something.

i'm just going to wait it out and watch for sales. I picked up my g1 in the first 3 months for $99 new from amazon.

i'd be shocked to not see something like that eventually.
for an unsubsidized smartphone it is. Look up used N97's on ebay. Hell the original iphone2g went for $599 3 years ago (not accounting for inflation).

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

look up nexus one in a few months(>3) and you will probably see the same thing.

plus the n97 has nothing on the nexus as far as hardware specs go.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

said by ArrayList:

look up nexus one in a few months(>3) and you will probably see the same thing.

plus the n97 has nothing on the nexus as far as hardware specs go.
possibly. But how much did you expect this new smartphone to go for? I've seen the teardowns of similar phones, and there's no way that they're going to be making much of a profit off the hardware.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

ignoring the idiots in the blogosphere i was expecting at least $600 based on the leaked hardware.

i wouldn't pay that and don't expect most americans either. now in europe and asia i do expect them to pay it. they will love to have this phone.

america is a very small chunk of the world cellular market.

tiger72
SexaT duorP
Premium Member
Saint Louis, MO

tiger72

Premium Member

While I think it will go down, it won't be as quick as with phones past. TMO closed the early cancellation loophole for this phone which means that almost everyone who gets this phone will be paying full price one way or another. If you cancel early, you pay a $350 fee that covers the subsidy. Otherwise you pay the full $529. The only way you're going to see this cheaper is if Google cuts the price on new phones, or through straight depreciation on used phones. In other words, good luck on getting this phone NEW for less than $500.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

»www.billshrink.com/blog/ ··· nership/

someone did the math lol