uniqs

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

And we have snow...

has not stopped since early this morning. have not even left the office - no idea how much we have in SW Ohio but I am betting on 3 so far form just looking...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

Started snowing here about 3:30 this afternoon. Winter storm warning has been posted by the weather service... as soon as this initial front blows through, there's supposed to be another episode of lake effect snow in its wake. Forecast is for 6-10" by Saturday morning.

We've been getting a lot of snow, but nothing in any one blast. We got about 2 or 3" of snow, almost daily, for nearly a week so it's been relatively easy to stay ahead of it without killing ourselves. I fire up the small snowblower and clean up the drives just to stay ahead of anything that might materialize. About 45 minutes outside and I'm done for the day. Good thing, too, as I've been fighting a nasty head cold since New Year's. Don't really feel sick... just plugged up and a little sluggish. Had a mild fever one night but that passed quite quickly. Actually, being able to get some fresh air outside has done wonders for how I do feel. It hasn't been bitter cold, and being outside for a few minutes seem to help quite a bit.

My wife, on the other hand is pretty miserable, as the RA meds she's on pretty much screws up her immune system, so even a common cold drives her bonkers. It's definitely not the flu, just a nasty cold, so about all we can do is treat the symptoms and try to get as comfortable as we can 'til all this crap passes on. I fugure another couple of days and we should be pretty-well on the mend.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

So far - looks to be about 5 inches here and we should not get any more or very little. The main roads were pretty good where I live - could see a good amount of pavement till you got on the back roads. Overnight the roads will get worse as it is going to go down to the teens...

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
It's been snowing steadily since 3 or so, predicted 3" for the evening maybe more during the night.
So far about 1" has fallen. No street plows, of course...which is typical for our area of this city...we are always the last section to be plowed/salted. Thank goodness I had gone grocery shopping earlier this morning

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

1 edit

burner50 to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
Click for full size
LOL!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH is all i'm hearing from ohio

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

Not from me - just reporting snow... WE had our 10 inches of snow on top of 6 inches of sleet and freezing rain last year - and hopefully that type of thing stays in last year

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

Not from me - just reporting snow... WE had our 10 inches of snow on top of 6 inches of sleet and freezing rain last year - and hopefully that type of thing stays in last year
I'm thinking I have around 35" on the ground.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

You are also a bit more into the snow belt than SW Ohio...

My brother in Spokane, WA last year got clsoe to 50 inches in less than a week. Really unusual for that area to get that much the entire winter...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
Well, for the first time in over a week, we have clear, blue skies and a very bright sunny, day. The black of the drive is melting what little snow we had overnight. Just in the last hour or so, the drive has pretty-much cleared itself. Of course, there are icicles aplenty dripping from my eaves. But it is kinda pretty. The main streets are clear, but wet, and the neighborhood streets are slushy, except for the intersections, which are clear of all ice and snow. Now, if the sun will just stay out a few more hours before the next round of snow drops in on us, things should be pretty good.

It appears that we completely missed the lake effect component of the last blast of snow that came through here two nights ago. I'm sure not complaining.

So far this year, I haven't had to break out the Cub with the big snow-blower on it. I've been able to keep things under control using just the small Toro. It's a lot more economical to run than the Cub is, not that that is a huge concern, but it's a lot easier to break out the Toro than it is to wheel the Cub around. So far, it's only taken me about 40 minutes to clear two 18x60 foot drives, each time i've done them. And I can use the exercise!!! Fortunately it hasn't been all that cold, either... nor windy!