spc
Search similar:

uniqs
giantjoebot
join:2006-01-26
Napa, CA

giantjoebot

time limited throttling

I have heard about comcast throttling bandwidth for a while now, and I understand the concept of what they said they were going to do. I never really had much of a problem. I kept my usage at a reasonable level. But suddenly I have found myself extremely cut back. I have blast, which is suppose to have 4Mbps up, but if I go over 50 or 60KB during the day I get a sudden shut down. Nothing works. Pages don't load, nothing. Now I noticed that after about 9pm, I have no problem at all. Until about 9am. It sucks because FTP constantly drops. I have HFS (HTTP File Server), and have tried to allow friends to access some of my files, but it constantly disconnects, and they lose the download. This totally sucks! The reason I went with comcast was for the high upload speed, so that I could access files on my computer if I wanted to,and download files fast. This just sucks.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

And how do you know you're being throttled and that you're just not having a service problem?

Have you thought about checking your levels... OR, calling tech support and letting them check your modem?

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
join:2009-09-07
Great White

Tordek7 to giantjoebot

Premium Member

to giantjoebot
Hi,
We can definitely take a look and see what's going on, lets just get some information to begin. Go here if you need help.
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to giantjoebot

Premium Member

to giantjoebot
Yep, you are having a service problem, not bandwidth throttling.

You will only experience packet deprioitization under very specific circumstances, and never for more then at most during a period when you yourself are using essentially all your bandwidth for extended periods of time. Even then simply dropping your usage down to no more then 70% of your max for an hour will clear you from that state.

What you describe isn't even close to that.
giantjoebot
join:2006-01-26
Napa, CA

giantjoebot

I was thinking about switching modems. I still have the VOIP one from when I had triple play. I'll try that, and if it doesn't work then I'll try calling comcast.

Tordek7
Make the outages go away
Premium Member
join:2009-09-07
Great White

Tordek7 to giantjoebot

Premium Member

to giantjoebot
Hi,
We can definitely take a look and see what's going on, lets just get some information to begin. Go here if you need help.
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!