"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

Re: I hope this works!

TOMORROW!!!!!!!
Start prepping and stocking stuff for opening Thursday.

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium Member
join:2008-01-11
Out There

JRSlater

Premium Member

Good luck! Sounds like a brand new and fun adventure your about to start.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 recommendation

Dominokat

Premium Member

Well, I've spent the last few days working with my new srew and sorroundings. Yesterday was really my "first" day and it was well, different until I got to know my co workers and the new kitchen set up.
Today was allot better. And I spent allot of time REORGANIZING the kitchen. (I hate disorganization and it was a mess. Couldn't find s**t without looking everywhere) which in the end everyone was happy with. Obviously, I also have been prepping foods also.
And so far, we are getting good reviews from those we let sample the foods we test. There wasn't a recipe for anything on the new menu so we have just been trying and sampling until we found what we like.

But the real test will be Thursday, the first day of opening.
As I wrote before, I am both very exited about this new opportunity, as well as scared to death.

On another note: Two days ago I got a call fro yet another restaurant asking me to work for them. (Which by the way, is also year round) I let them know I had this new job going, but they also told me that if this shouldn't work out, please call.

So no matter what happens, I have a job...... SOMEPLACE!

I guess I have a better reputation then I ever thought I did.

JRSlater
What's that smell? Oh, it's you.
Premium Member
join:2008-01-11
Out There

JRSlater

Premium Member

That's awesome news... you must be doing something right! Good for you.