kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to Bill44130

Re: No Teleblend Inbound since mid-October

said by Bill44130:

If it is out TBSupport1's control I would think that they would tell us so, and it could be TBSupport1's boss forbids discussion of the issue.
Then his boss is even a more inept manager than the bosses at NBC.

One company: peacock

The other company: ostritch.

Bill44130

join:2003-10-08
Cleveland, OH

1 edit
I agree PX, I just feel very badly for sfisher10. To have your phone number stuck some place in limbo since October is just awful

And to make matters worse it seems the issue is being ignored like no one in TeleBlend land cares.

RNS2009

@comcast.net
reply to PX Eliezer70
I too do not have inbound service since Mid October. Also did get a temporary number after much complaining. Teleblend will not return my phone calls. I do have a trouble ticket at Teleblend and I have also filled a complaint with the FCC. I sure am sorry I referred other members of my family and friends to Teleblend. They sure are not dealing in an honest way at this time. Shame on them!!!!

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
Agreed.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
reply to sfisher10
Did you ever get answer from TBSupport1 on your issue?

Have you tried to port your number out yet?

sfisher10

join:2006-03-04
Wichita, KS
Nothing from TBSupport1 or Teleblend.

I opened an account with CallCentric but haven't attempted to port. I was debating whether to continue funding TB for another month or two while the port is attempted. I probably should try just to see if they can.

I wouldn't doubt that there's a lawsuit in the works and that they're under strict orders not to comment on the issue.

ChuckIL9

join:2005-11-07
Peoria, IL

4 edits
At this point you can try to port, or cut your losses, accept your phone number is gone and move on. I would explain the situation to CallCentric and ask if they can attempt the port before paying the porting fee (or at least get agreement that if it doesn't go through you get refunded). Teleblend's lack of response is beyond unacceptable. I would try to get away from them as soon as possible if the port attempt fails. I would also contact your state's attorney general and see if they can offer any help in the matter (that's what you pay them for).

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
reply to sfisher10
It would be interesting to see what would happen if you attempted to port out if it would be possible.

Whatever you decide to do if you could let us know how the story ends would be appreciated.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
reply to sfisher10
I might be wrong, but I believe that CallCentric will charge for a port only upon completion.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
I put in a LNP order with Callcentric and got the following:

We've received notice from our carrier processing your port that your order was cancelled due to your number being disconnected. As mentioned in various places on our website and in the LNP instructions attached to the Letter of Agency you signed, a disconnected number cannot be ported.

If you wish to continue porting your number, please contact Teleblend to reinstate your service with them and update us in this ticket. If you do not wish to proceed, you may simply close out this ticket. Thank you.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
reply to PX Eliezer70
Also just talked to TB Tech Support.

I was told almost all of the numbers that were affected have been restored. There are a few that are taking longer but it should be working in a couple of weeks.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Great news. Thanks for the update.

Hope it all works out.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
reply to sfisher10
I wonder how the heck they let your number get shut off.

The 5 months you have been down reminds me of the good old POTS days with Ameritech/SBC when we lost our phone service for almost 3 months and they didn't really care.

Well I hope you can get your number back soon; 5 months is a very long time for your number to be in never never land.

Ihateteleble

@citistreet.net
reply to sfisher10
I had the same issue, and dumped teleblend and reported them to the FCC in late January. I was sick of their lies, and their deceptions on what the issue was. They just told me time after time, they just have no further information. No further information after MONTHS AND MONTHS Of an outage.

I was an old sunrocket customer, and dealt with them charging me after they changed their name when I still had time left on my contract with their original company SUNROCKET.

I chose to go with Voipo which has been good and was 135 dollars after all fes for 16 months of service after some codes I found on the net.

Teleblend destroyed my number because they didnt pay their CLEC!!! I suggest everyone report them to the FCC as I did.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
I'm not real optimistic that TB will come through. CC said they would contact their carrier to see if there was some way around the problem.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
reply to Ihateteleble
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you were doing with it. I keep checking back.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
I just got off the phone with TB Tech Support.

Looks like I'm 1 of about 20 numbers from the original October outage that they still haven't been able to restore. He explained that the probability of recovering the number is decreasing over time and categorized my chance as slim at this point.

He also said I should have been getting billing credits since the outage and would get that fixed.

He's also going to see if they can get a replacement number in my local exchange.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
WOW!! That is just terrible to hear that you may have lost your phone number.

Just curious did you call TeleBlend Support or did they call you?
Did TeleBlend Support give you any indication what happened that your number was lost in the first place? Was the credit enough to wipe out your bill for the last few months?

Thanks for giving an update on this.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
I called them. I wanted to see if there were any new developments before the next invoice comes out.

No specifics. Still pointing to a problem between them and a carrier, though I'm starting to believe Southwestern Bell/AT&T may also be involved. He said the problem cases were those where customers had ported from their original local phone company to SunRocket (Yes, I was one of those) or Teleblend.

I asked about getting another local number in the (316) 744 exchange. He called back later and told me they couldn't get one because whoever owns the exchange wouldn't release a number, and my best bet for getting a local number would be to go back and establish service with the local phone company.

In a previous post, I mentioned that tnid.org shows my phone company as CenturyTel. They also show my previous phone company is Southwestern Bell. I'm wondering if when CenturyTel and/or Embarq reorganized to become CenturyLink, they might have turned some numbers back over to AT&T?

Anyway, He called back and told me they credited the account to cover the time since the outage. I'll update when I get the next invoice in a couple of weeks.

I guess my next step is to see if AT&T can do anything for me.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
said by sfisher10:

I asked about getting another local number in the (316) 744 exchange. He called back later and told me they couldn't get one because whoever owns the exchange wouldn't release a number, and my best bet for getting a local number would be to go back and establish service with the local phone company.
Jeeeeeeezzz! And you believed this?!?!

Who cares who "owns the exchange"? If you really want to get a new number to use with your existing TB service, it has nothing to do with the exchange! It's all about your RATE CENTER ... the central office grouping that services your geographic area, in your case Wichita.

The Wichita KS Rate Center contains 189 exchanges ranging from 316-200-0000 thru 316-993-9999. All these numbers have been assigned by NANPA, in 1,000 or 10,000 number blocks, to a variety of telecommunications companies: PSTN, Cellular, CLEC, Beepers.

Most VoIP providers should be able to get you a Wichita KS telephone number since one of the most ubiquitous CLECs (the entity that leases numbers to the VoIP providers) --- Level 3 Communications --- has lots of exchanges in your Rate Center: 316-448-xxxx & 316-633-xxxx & 316-665-xxxx & 316-712-xxxx & 316-768-xxxx & 316-854-xxxx & 316-869-xxxx.

It continues to amaze me that people with reduced or no service ... and with no timely responses to their problems for months at a time ... don't get up off their collecftive a$$es and move to another company.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
The ultimate goal was to keep our original number which should never have been mucked with in the first place. I've got no great love for TB. The only reason for hanging on so long is that there's still a chance of getting it fixed, otherwise I'd have dumped them or just changed to the temp number they gave me. The wife asked for a 744 number if we couldn't get our original number back. Need I say more?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 edit
said by sfisher10:

The wife asked for a 744 number if we couldn't get our original number back. Need I say more?
CenturyLink (the current name for the entity under discussion) resulted from combining CenturyTel and Embarq. Years earlier, CenturyTel assumed control of KMC Telecom's operations in the state of Kansas. As I recall, KMC was the CLEC which supplied SunRocket with DIDs in the Southwestern states. KMC got into financial trouble ... so SunRocket had to force all customers with KMC numbers to change their numbers. (This was all before SR got into deep financial difficulties.)

This history tells us that CenturyLink (a/k/a CenturyTel) does act as a CLEC ... from whom VoIP providers may be able to get Kansas DIDs.

But your problem ... if indeed some SNAFU caused a disconnect of your TB number (such as by TB not paying their bill) ... is that all of the 316-744-xxxx numbers are under the control of Southwestern Bell ... except for those numbers which have been ported out to other CLECs/providers.

This means that the only way you can obtain a "new" 316-744-xxxx number would be to open a new PSTN account with SWB ... and then down the road you could port this new DID to a VoIP provider.

Incidentally, if CenturyTel (CenturyLink) tells you they cannot find your existing DID in their current database, perhaps their porting department (rather than lower tier level 1 customer support) can tell you who controls the number now.

Lastly, as a "Hail Mary" option, perhaps SWB can "force" a reclamation of your beloved DID. There are rules to allow "forced" porting ... particularly when a CLEC (not a VoIP vendor) continually rejects a legitimate request for porting out a number.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
Very informative.

I'll put in an order with AT&T and see what happens.

Thanks

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
Update

TB credited my account for 3 months of recurring charge. Works out to about 2 months of service with taxes, fees, etc.

AT&T called back the day following my order saying they would 'reinstate' my number. Install is scheduled for 3/10.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
It sounds like you will be getting your phone number back after being lost in never never land for 6 months.

I hope AT&T will be able to pull it off for you.

I am glad that TeleBlend gave you a credit to your account that is the least that they can do.

What a nightmare this must have been.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
Boca Raton, FL
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to sfisher10
said by sfisher10:

Update

TB credited my account for 3 months of recurring charge. Works out to about 2 months of service with taxes, fees, etc.

AT&T called back the day following my order saying they would 'reinstate' my number. Install is scheduled for 3/10.
You're welcome!

sfisher10

Wichita, KS
And it works!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, TB offered to waive the porting fee if I port the number back to them.

Bill44130

Cleveland, OH
On the offer to waive the porting fee... The only thing that comes to mind on that is fool me once shame on you..

I am glad that the story ended well...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to sfisher10
said by sfisher10:

And it works!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, TB offered to waive the porting fee if I port the number back to them.
I really hope you decline the offer.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
said by ptrowski:

I really hope you decline the offer.
Me too.