Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sfisher10

join:2006-03-04
Wichita, KS
reply to N9MD

Re: No Teleblend Inbound since mid-October

The ultimate goal was to keep our original number which should never have been mucked with in the first place. I've got no great love for TB. The only reason for hanging on so long is that there's still a chance of getting it fixed, otherwise I'd have dumped them or just changed to the temp number they gave me. The wife asked for a 744 number if we couldn't get our original number back. Need I say more?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom

1 edit

said by sfisher10:

The wife asked for a 744 number if we couldn't get our original number back. Need I say more?
CenturyLink (the current name for the entity under discussion) resulted from combining CenturyTel and Embarq. Years earlier, CenturyTel assumed control of KMC Telecom's operations in the state of Kansas. As I recall, KMC was the CLEC which supplied SunRocket with DIDs in the Southwestern states. KMC got into financial trouble ... so SunRocket had to force all customers with KMC numbers to change their numbers. (This was all before SR got into deep financial difficulties.)

This history tells us that CenturyLink (a/k/a CenturyTel) does act as a CLEC ... from whom VoIP providers may be able to get Kansas DIDs.

But your problem ... if indeed some SNAFU caused a disconnect of your TB number (such as by TB not paying their bill) ... is that all of the 316-744-xxxx numbers are under the control of Southwestern Bell ... except for those numbers which have been ported out to other CLECs/providers.

This means that the only way you can obtain a "new" 316-744-xxxx number would be to open a new PSTN account with SWB ... and then down the road you could port this new DID to a VoIP provider.

Incidentally, if CenturyTel (CenturyLink) tells you they cannot find your existing DID in their current database, perhaps their porting department (rather than lower tier level 1 customer support) can tell you who controls the number now.

Lastly, as a "Hail Mary" option, perhaps SWB can "force" a reclamation of your beloved DID. There are rules to allow "forced" porting ... particularly when a CLEC (not a VoIP vendor) continually rejects a legitimate request for porting out a number.

sfisher10

Wichita, KS

Very informative.

I'll put in an order with AT&T and see what happens.

Thanks

sfisher10

Wichita, KS

Update

TB credited my account for 3 months of recurring charge. Works out to about 2 months of service with taxes, fees, etc.

AT&T called back the day following my order saying they would 'reinstate' my number. Install is scheduled for 3/10.

Bill44130

join:2003-10-08
Cleveland, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

It sounds like you will be getting your phone number back after being lost in never never land for 6 months.

I hope AT&T will be able to pull it off for you.

I am glad that TeleBlend gave you a credit to your account that is the least that they can do.

What a nightmare this must have been.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Callcentric
·VOIPO
·CIKTEL Telecom
reply to sfisher10

said by sfisher10:

Update

TB credited my account for 3 months of recurring charge. Works out to about 2 months of service with taxes, fees, etc.

AT&T called back the day following my order saying they would 'reinstate' my number. Install is scheduled for 3/10.
You're welcome!

sfisher10

Wichita, KS

And it works!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, TB offered to waive the porting fee if I port the number back to them.

Bill44130

join:2003-10-08
Cleveland, OH

On the offer to waive the porting fee... The only thing that comes to mind on that is fool me once shame on you..

I am glad that the story ended well...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to sfisher10

said by sfisher10:

And it works!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BTW, TB offered to waive the porting fee if I port the number back to them.
I really hope you decline the offer.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
kudos:12

said by ptrowski:

I really hope you decline the offer.
Me too.