uniqs
share rss forum feed

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 recommendation

reply to fuziwuzi

Re: Here we go again about bandwidth throttling ...

said by fuziwuzi:

So, then, my observations tell me one thing while you guys say something else. I believe my own eyes over propaganda.
You're the only one seeing this, or your area is terribly oversubscribed, or you have some technical problem.

Unless you are mistaking speedboost for your actual speed? Speedboost will drop out in a few seconds, you should see 1.4Mbit down on a 12/2 line consistently after speedboost.

I can run at my rated pipe speed for hours on end in a high density residential area.

Have you tried posting in the comcast help forum here?
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

said by JohnInSJ:

Unless you are mistaking speedboost for your actual speed? Speedboost will drop out in a few seconds, you should see 1.4Mbit down on a 12/2 line consistently after speedboost.

I can run at my rated pipe speed for hours on end in a high density residential area.

Have you tried posting in the comcast help forum here?
I am quite aware of what Powerboost is and isn't, I'm not an idiot. And aren't you so lucky! I'm not that lucky here. The Comcast technicians who have been to my location say everything is working as designed. THEY told me the problem is actually how the system is designed, so in effect, it is working as it is supposed to, according to them.
--
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
- Stephen Hawking

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

said by fuziwuzi:

I am quite aware of what Powerboost is and isn't, I'm not an idiot.
Good, are you ready to try and fix your issue now?
quote:
And aren't you so lucky! I'm not that lucky here.
Good. Now we have established you're having a site-specific issue. I am not lucky, I am simply not having any service issues.
quote:
The Comcast technicians who have been to my location say everything is working as designed.
Were you seeing the performance issue during the tech visits? Did they reproduce the exact issue on their equipment? If not, then likely the tech was correct - as far as they could see, you were operating correctly at that moment.
THEY told me the problem is actually how the system is designed, so in effect, it is working as it is supposed to, according to them.
If all they had to go on was your description, then I would expect that would be the on-site tech's answer to why your system, which seemed to be working correctly, would experience slowdowns.

At this point all I can do is join the greek choir and suggest you start a new thread with detailed information and work with both the mass of people here and the comcast techs here to troubleshoot your issue. Because it is a service issue. Plain and simple. Really.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 edit
reply to fuziwuzi

Please see your Instant Messages. Nobody is trying to insult you here. In fact, many are trying to help you.

Please take this to a new topic and allow others to assist you in troubleshooting. Unless that new topic makes it clear this is a Comcast congestion management issue, please don't continue in this huge thread.

For those following this issue, fuziwuzi See Profile has started a help topic here ---> »Throttling?

--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to JohnInSJ

(topic move) [OT] Just a little fun on the side ...

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 4 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[OT] Just a little fun with the Greek choir ...