spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vndiktv
join:2001-05-21
Greenville, NC

vndiktv

[Packet8] Greenville NC

My P8 service is down in Greenville NC and a friend in nearby Winterville is down also.... Anyone else experiencing same issue?
P8 website says no prob's but when I tried Chat Support no one ever came on-line, so I called and went thru the menu's only to be told that all rep's were busy and to call back later, then it hung up on me... Go figure... :P
Any input would be nice...
V
Claude M
join:2008-01-22
Oradell, NJ

Claude M

My 2lines are down here in NJ and their website does not come up. Are they out of business?

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

said by Claude M:

My 2lines are down here in NJ and their website does not come up. Are they out of business?
First sign of a service outage does NOT mean out of business. It's not nice, it's not reassuring, but it's NOT an indication of out of business.
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR to vndiktv

to vndiktv
It seems that several VOIP companies services have all gone down at the same time. Sounds like something outside of these individual companies control.

amhereadams
@adams.net

amhereadams to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
My Packet8 service is down in WestCentrtal Illinois. Sent a query by e-mail to tech service, no reply yet.
Yochanan
join:2003-11-25
Fort Collins, CO

Yochanan

My service is also down in Fort Collins, CO. Packet8.net and 8x8.com are down as well.
Claude M
Oradell, NJ

Claude M to vndiktv

to vndiktv
Can you folks bring up their website?

John366
@verizon.net

John366 to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
i just got this from one of the tech account managers at 8x8

Our NOC department is aware of the issue and they are working on restoring service – No ETA. I’ll update you as soon as the issue has been resolved. On behalf of 8x8, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to vndiktv

Premium Member

to vndiktv
My tracert goes out over xo.net to att.net then drops off the planet as an "invalid remote address".

DNS is working and returning an IP address.
Pings fail to both packet8.net and 8x8.com

Either their servers are down or their ISP is having some issues.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to RockyBB

Premium Member

to RockyBB
said by RockyBB:

said by Claude M:

First sign of a service outage does NOT mean out of business. It's not nice, it's not reassuring, but it's NOT an indication of out of business.
You would think since this seems to be a common problem providers would at least host the website at different location.
hmsolomon
join:2010-01-12
Atlanta, GA

hmsolomon to vndiktv

to vndiktv

Re: [Packet8] Greenville NC - Atlant, GA outage

Packet8 has gone out in Atlanta and possibly other locations. Their site is also down, www.8x8.com as I write this. All their customer service can say is "thank you for using packet8". No ETA, no refund, just dead air to my business callers.

time to switch VOIP providers since their service, when up, is still very poor - post dial delay, voice quality are all poor.

I welcome any suggestions.
estover4
Premium Member
join:2004-03-16
Valencia, PA

estover4 to vndiktv

Premium Member

to vndiktv

Re: [Packet8] Greenville NC

ARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packet 8 is KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible for a technology so FUCKED UP yet still be so wide spread?

Butler Pa, no access.

prestonlewis
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to vndiktv

Premium Member

to vndiktv
It's not encouraging, however. 2/3 of P8 customers are business customers. Only 1/3 are residential. If they don't have redundancy built into their service, imagine how many angry business owners are out there today. Some upset comments are to be expected.
estover4
Premium Member
join:2004-03-16
Valencia, PA

estover4 to RockyBB

Premium Member

to RockyBB
This is not the first outage. I too am wondering if they are down for the count this time.
alexeig
join:2008-07-29
Los Angeles, CA

alexeig to vndiktv

to vndiktv

[Packet8] Los Angeles CA

8x8 5-line service out for about two hours, can't access their sites; no response on the customer service lines.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to vndiktv

Premium Member

to vndiktv

The website is up now.

Slow---guess they are bombarded.

Says:

Service Alerts/Updates

* All systems are currently working

prestonlewis
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to estover4

Premium Member

to estover4
said by estover4:

This is not the first outage. I too am wondering if they are down for the count this time.
They have pretty strong financials. At least financially, they are in fairly good shape. You'd think they could afford to buy some redundancy.

»finance.yahoo.com/q?s=EGHT
IanR
Fort Mill, SC

1 edit

IanR to vndiktv

to vndiktv
Take it easy guys this is a company whose financials show a healthy cash reserve for this industry.
I have experienced outages b4 from my prior service i.e. Verizon! P8 has a decent performance/reliability record, so we should expect them to get on top of this ASAP. What's unusual is that it is more wide spread than normal.

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB to dcurrey

Premium Member

to dcurrey
said by dcurrey:

You would think since this seems to be a common problem providers would at least host the website at different location.
Back when carriers listened to me, I suggested that they host their customer service phone system on a provider other than their own service. That way, during a system-wide outage, at least their own phones would be available to take calls. no takers.
RockyBB

RockyBB to hmsolomon

Premium Member

to hmsolomon

Re: [Packet8] Greenville NC - Atlant, GA outage

said by hmsolomon:

I welcome any suggestions.
If you have their PBX service, send me a PM with your contact info, including cell number! I'll have a few suggestions...
vndiktv
Greenville, NC

vndiktv

thanks guys... mine is back up....
IanR
Fort Mill, SC

IanR to vndiktv

to vndiktv
I have dial tone as well.
vndiktv
Greenville, NC

vndiktv

kewl deal

prestonlewis
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to vndiktv

Premium Member

to vndiktv
Tracerts during the outtage stopped at at&t in the Bay Area. Now the hops extend into transitrail, internap and pnap before hitting the P8 servers.

I suspect the problem isn't with P8 but lies somewhere else.

But, I'd still argue for some redudancy.

tbj123
@optonline.net

tbj123 to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
Down on Long Island, ny too. I have my reps cell phone, but he is not answering.

CarolinaFurn
@comcast.net

CarolinaFurn to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
My services are out both in East Texas and Salt Lake City. This isn't the first time that 8x8 (or Packet8) have disappointed me. If they don't get it together by the end of the business day, I'll be shopping for services elsewhere. Any suggestions?

Here's to losing money, everyone.

srl69datCA
@pacbell.net

srl69datCA to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
My Packet8 system has been down for on hour, customer service just says all lines are busy! Something really screwed up!!
Claude M
Oradell, NJ

Claude M to vndiktv

to vndiktv
I'm backup, thank GOD! I've been using these guys since 01 and this is the first time I had any problems.

davis
@bellsouth.net

davis to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
packet 8 has a server(s) down. their tech support only knows that the server is down..and its effecting their website also. no estimated time of repair either at this point.. we're out of business this afternoon because of poor planning on their part..

i truly hate the stupid greedy corporates today.. that have such poor planning and only look at the $ they rake in... instead of trying to protect their company, regardless of their corporate mantra

fordmexico
@sbcglobal.net

fordmexico to vndiktv

Anon

to vndiktv
I am down in Farmington Hills, MI. Last time I know I had service was 1:46 EST. No acces to website either.