join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to caco

Premium Member

to caco

Re: That is a hell of a morale booster.

said by caco:

Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said the company's employees are "not going to get paid very much if they don’t get to 40%" penetration in existing FiOS markets.

I'm sure he includes himself in that statement.
What he said:
“We’re averaging just under 30% [FiOS penetration] for the whole property,” Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg said at an investor conference today. “My people think they can get to 34%. They’re not going to get paid very much if they don’t get to 40%. The question is how quickly we can get there.”
The boss thinks they can get to 40%. The employees think they can only get to 34%. It is good mgt to set a target HIGHER than what the employees think is fair. And bonuses & compensation should be based on busting their asses and not just reaching an easy target.

But whatever the target, it sure looks like deployment in to new areas could be a year or more away.

EyeBision
@verizon.net

EyeBision

Anon

The boss thinks they can get to 40%. The employees think they can only get to 34%. It is good mgt to set a target HIGHER than what the employees think is fair. And bonuses & compensation should be based on busting their asses and not just reaching an easy target.
Good management? Apparently you don't work for Verizon or your a manager suckling off of his tit. I am an employee there and I have to tell you, the management structure (especially towards the top) are so far removed from reality that it is severely hurting company morale and throwing customers away - for example, look at the new DRM. From my perspective, their outright draconian treatment of the workers is shameless. We are labeled guilty until proven innocent. On one hand, we have a meeting and they're telling us we are one of the best in the nation for productivity from one manager, then another comes in the next week telling us we need better numbers or there will be heads rolling. They are the quintessential micro-managers, wanting to know every possible variable down to the minute and want every job coded correctly without fail. Otherwise you will be disciplined. We are to "wow" each customer and try to upsell whenever possible and have them begging us to give us their money.

Out of our technicians, there are maybe 2 out of the whole group that are happy. The others are so fed up with the treatment that we are either hopelessly looking for other employment or going to school to finish our degrees to one day do the same as the first group. Others just bitch and complain but just put up with it. Hey Ivan, I have your 40% right here a$$hole. I'm not a salesman and it's not my job description. I am a technician and a damned good one at that. Stop having your sales team cut us off at the knees and selling numerous dvr's to old timers that can't even wrap their mind around the concept of a widget for christsakes. Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes to teach an 85yr old with macular degeneration how to use all the functions of a fios remote???

lol. If I don't laugh, I will cry. peace.
Expand your moderator at work