spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

iwantfiber

@rr.com

what are the known locations for cincinnati bell fioptics?

from my understanding cincinnati bell came down south following interstate 71.

We should make a list of known locations/address of fiber. I think that would help everyone.

if you don't want to reveal your full address, just the street name and zip would be useful.

i have no called timewarner 3 times in the past 2 days. I have had at least 5 techs out here to fix issues. This is for their business class. I cannot wait to dump twc and move to place that has fioptics.

to verify addresses: »www.cincinnatibell.com/fioptics/

i know that 3622 Zumstein, Cincinnati, OH 45208 is one address that has fioptics.

but where are the others?

dcplaya

@ge.com

I know it is NOT on Victor St in Clifton Heights but it is around clifton and ludlow as well as Fortune Ave and University Court.

I have been bugging them to tell me when Victor st will be wired and they never say when. I was told last year in feburary that it would be there by sept 09 but that didnt happen

DeathK
Premium
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH
reply to iwantfiber

Rollout seems to be really, really slow. I believe they're just concentrating on new housing developments. If the fiber running to these new developments happens to run past you you might get lucky.

They really need to ramp things up and stick it to TWC.

viper453

join:2003-03-30
Cincinnati, OH

2 edits
reply to iwantfiber

yeah hope they roll it out faster cause the 30mbits download and 10-20mbits upload would be sweet. i am going to be switching back to zoomtown soon, sence roadrunner is getting very congested recently i have been getting as low as 2 mbits download speeds during the 1pm-1am and often my netflix streams fail during that time also.

mwa423

join:2008-12-14
Cincinnati, OH
reply to iwantfiber

I can tell you it is all the way down Riddle Rd in Clifton Heights, Probasco St, Bishop St, and I think it is headed North into the Clifton Gaslight District. If my landlord wasn't a moron I would be on it right now.

wjtaggart
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Lebanon, OH
reply to iwantfiber

Available at Forest Park Apartments, Dew Drop Circle, 45240

Not available where I am, two blocks west.

Stevengm

join:2003-01-15
Covington, KY
reply to iwantfiber

Does anyone know if there is a bundle price, or what the price is to get phone and internet only? Ala-carte even? They aren't advertising a bundle like that.

vhco

join:2009-07-06
Mason, OH
reply to iwantfiber

Just have Fioptics installed today.

This is on my Toshiba Notebook with wireless-N...

knowguy

@pomeroy.com
reply to iwantfiber

Crescent Springs, KY just seen a big new implementation especially at my apartment complex (Crescent Ridge) gettin 10mbps installed today

DrTek

join:2010-04-13
Cincinnati, OH
reply to iwantfiber

Fairfield, OH

bthessel

@fuse.net
reply to iwantfiber

Who is the contractor doing the fiber install? There have been a Van moving up and down the streets in our subdivision this week that says RL Utilities or something like that. Wondering if we are going to see fiber soon

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH

RL Utilities (per Google search) is an underground wire and cable laying contractor. Keep your fingers crossed

reply to DrTek

i saw the big A spool of cable labled "fiber" on Resor Rd. is that ours??? i'm just north of Rolling Hills Blvd. hope it makes it there.

dpeters11
Premium
join:2008-01-09
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit
reply to iwantfiber

I'm in Mt. Washington and Fioptics became available today. I checked the site two days ago after seeing them running the lines about 2 weeks ago. I'm not in a complex, this is residential housing availability.

I'm getting 30Mbps Internet only, $60 a month installed next Saturday. Adding local and 30 min LD would have brought it to about $95 a month.

anon1010

@fuse.net
reply to iwantfiber

My dad had it at the Vinings Apt Complex on 125 in Withamsville.

JMac77

@fuse.net
reply to iwantfiber

Had Fioptics installed in Delhi today on Fehr.

viper453

join:2003-03-30
Cincinnati, OH

I am in delhi also but I don't think they have it in the delshire area atleast not the houses.

fiberlicious

@fuse.net
reply to iwantfiber

Dont know where the Mt. Washington guy lives but I'm here too and no, we dont have it in between Sutton and Mears. He must live next to an apartment complex.

FedUpin KY

@fuse.net

I'm in Mitchel Park Apts in Fort Mitchell and no FiOptics. Everyone around me has it.

anoan

@fuse.net
reply to fiberlicious

To the person with fiops in Mount Washington: What street are you if you don't mind? I live in Anderson Township and have noticed a utility ruck on Burney between Salem and Beechmont.

THX

fiberlicious

@fuse.net

1 recommendation

reply to iwantfiber

I posted 2 videos on Youtube of my Fioptics installation if anyones interested.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTMyrpTSecw

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHsQ4f6-oTU

DeathK
Premium
Cincinnati, OH

Good videos. Thanks for posting them!

Regarding the Westell router: I assume they install it regardless if you have your own router because they want to cover their butt. They'll offer support with the Westell, but if you're having issues caused by your own router and the Westell is out of the loop they can say tough cookies.

fiberlicious

@fuse.net

No problem!

That makes a lot of sense with the router. I removed it and the performance remained the same- including the speed. hopefully I wont need any tech support!

mcpuck

join:2010-07-17
Cincinnati, OH
reply to DeathK

Unfortunately, they don't support port forwarding on the Westell, and a tech implied that if I messed up the settings, they weren't going to bail me out.

Anyone else tried port forwarding with this router?

To atone for derail: I just had my Fioptics installed in Delhi (Lullaby subdivision off of Foley).

WhartoX

join:2004-01-18
Cincinnati, OH
reply to fiberlicious

fiberlicious, what kind of ping times/jitter do you get with fioptics? do a ping test at www.pingtest.net

fiberlicious

@fuse.net

Click for full size

Stevengm

join:2003-01-15
Covington, KY
reply to iwantfiber

Has anyone sited Fioptics in Ft. Wright, the Dixie Highway side?

NKY HD

@boonecountyky.org
reply to iwantfiber

They are now in Florence installing near Pleasant Valley Rd. My dad's subdivision is getting it currently.

Jpraeter

@fuse.net
reply to iwantfiber

If you are interested in when we will be in your area, please send me an e-mail to Jason.praeter@cinbell.com and I will keep you updated as we get close to your location.
Thanks

fiberlicious

@fuse.net

1 recommendation

reply to iwantfiber

Here is a third video I posted on YouTube highlighting the new Cisco boxes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sZ86XCF56Y