Search similar:

uniqs

fiberlicious
@fuse.net

1 recommendation

fiberlicious to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber

Re: what are the known locations for cincinnati bell fioptics?

I posted 2 videos on Youtube of my Fioptics installation if anyones interested.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· yrpTSecw

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Q4f6-oTU

DeathK
Premium Member
join:2002-06-16
Cincinnati, OH

DeathK

Premium Member

Good videos. Thanks for posting them!

Regarding the Westell router: I assume they install it regardless if you have your own router because they want to cover their butt. They'll offer support with the Westell, but if you're having issues caused by your own router and the Westell is out of the loop they can say tough cookies.

fiberlicious
@fuse.net

fiberlicious

Anon

No problem!

That makes a lot of sense with the router. I removed it and the performance remained the same- including the speed. hopefully I wont need any tech support!
mcpuck
join:2010-07-17
Cincinnati, OH

mcpuck to DeathK

to DeathK
Unfortunately, they don't support port forwarding on the Westell, and a tech implied that if I messed up the settings, they weren't going to bail me out.

Anyone else tried port forwarding with this router?

To atone for derail: I just had my Fioptics installed in Delhi (Lullaby subdivision off of Foley).

WhartoX
join:2004-01-18
Cincinnati, OH

WhartoX to fiberlicious

to fiberlicious
fiberlicious, what kind of ping times/jitter do you get with fioptics? do a ping test at www.pingtest.net

fiberlicious
@fuse.net

fiberlicious

Anon

Click for full size
Stevengm
join:2003-01-15
Covington, KY

Stevengm to iwantfiber

to iwantfiber
Has anyone sited Fioptics in Ft. Wright, the Dixie Highway side?

NKY HD
@boonecountyky.org

NKY HD to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
They are now in Florence installing near Pleasant Valley Rd. My dad's subdivision is getting it currently.

Jpraeter
@fuse.net

Jpraeter to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
If you are interested in when we will be in your area, please send me an e-mail to Jason.praeter@cinbell.com and I will keep you updated as we get close to your location.
Thanks

fiberlicious
@fuse.net

1 recommendation

fiberlicious to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
Here is a third video I posted on YouTube highlighting the new Cisco boxes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 86XCF56Y

randolphmorr to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
No fioptics in North Ft Thomas yet, hoping it will come soon
Stevengm
Covington, KY

Stevengm to Jpraeter

to Jpraeter
said by Jpraeter :

If you are interested in when we will be in your area, please send me an e-mail to Jason.praeter@cinbell.com and I will keep you updated as we get close to your location.
Thanks
Hi Jason, I just wanted to confirm that you were legit. I sent you a couple emails. Should I just assume that no reply means fiber isn't yet close to my area of Ft. Wright?

Handyman
@parallax.ws

Handyman

Anon

I haven't heard back from Jason yet, either.
Stevengm
Covington, KY

Stevengm

and I wonder if the slowness of this thread is proportional to the slowness of the Fioptics expansion. Disappointed here.
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

1 edit

rjbasye

I've been waiting for CinBell Zoomtown here since 1998. Good luck to you on getting fioptics deployed in your nieborhood.
Stevengm
Covington, KY

1 edit

Stevengm

LOL! I've been to your neck of the woods. It's beautiful, but hey, its a neck and its in the woods You chose beauty over technology I guess.

Me, I'm a mile off I75 and 2 miles from Cincy. I want progress!

ninja502
@fuse.net

ninja502 to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
im lucky to get 1.2 mb from cincy bell here in dry ridge

im off of hwy 1994

Monkeybrain
@nptvgroup.com

Monkeybrain to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
It is in the Pisgah area of West Chester. I live on West Chester Rd and just got hooked up. I've also seen crews working up and down RT 42 from Pisgah down into Sharonville.
titoyay222
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Cincinnati, OH

titoyay222

Premium Member

They have service available in the bridgetown and Cheviot areas. I would suggest signing up if anybody is able to get it.

TV service is ultra clear and the internet is solid as could be. For internet I have the 30/10Mbps package and with the speed test's I've ran even during peak times I get my advertised speeds. Pings are even low around 5ms.

Cincy

Cincy

ATL

San Jose, CA

NY NY

Anchorage, AK

Stevengm
Covington, KY

Stevengm to iwantfiber

to iwantfiber
Well I can't wait any longer for Fioptics to make it to my area of Ft. Wright. It breaks my heart but I'm going to have to call Insight in order to get faster internet than my current Zoomtown. I bet I still wont get number like you guys are reporting.

David S
@fuse.net

David S to iwantfiber

Anon

to iwantfiber
I have it in Withamsville @ Carriage Station Townhomes off of 125. I have the 30/10 speed. Just noticed on their website that they now offer 50/10 and 100/20 speeds. Time Warner doesn't have a chance.

DeathK
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit

DeathK

Premium Member

TW does have a chance as long as CBT continues to drag their feet on rollout. It just gives TW more time to move to DOCSIS 3.0 speeds. What good is it if only a very insignificant portion of the tri-state has access to the fiber service? They need to start running it down every street they can quickly and stop worrying about the ROI. They'll get their money back and then some if they can steal TW customers left, right and center. That won't happen though if they don't ramp up rollout to the nth degree.
Expand your moderator at work

fiberlicious
@fuse.net

fiberlicious to Stevengm

Anon

to Stevengm

Re: what are the known locations for cincinnati bell fioptics?

Sorry Ya'al but if you are waiting for Cincinnati Bell to respond to your emails you will be waiting a while. They don't respond (Jason is one, but no one else does either) but they want to pretend like they care.

My advise to anyone who cares....If you are happy with what you have now, stick with it. I can only recommend switching if you are pissed at your current service provider.

Herb
@rr.com

Herb

Anon

3301 Colerain Ave (Machine Flats Lofts) in Camp Washington has Fioptics and it blows away TWC. Only problem is no IFC or Sundance Channel.
Stevengm
Covington, KY

Stevengm to fiberlicious

to fiberlicious
I got tired of waiting for Fioptics so I signed up with InSight 10mb this week- it tripled my Zoomtown/Fuse speed. Nice. If it save me money, I'll probably go back to Cin Bell when Fioptics gets to my area of Ft. Wright.

DeathK
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH

DeathK to iwantfiber

Premium Member

to iwantfiber
Looks like they're running it up Thomas Drive here in Madeira (so far it's from the bottom of Thomas to Dee Street). They've got the new boxes hanging up on the lines right next to the old phone ones. Saw the contractor bucket trucks working on it this past week. It's already run into downtown Madeira and available. Guess they'll be branching out to side streets (to get to Thomas they took Laurel off Miami). I'm at the top of Thomas on Maple Leaf right by the Elementary school. Hopefully they'll get it run up here quickly.
Zorker
join:2002-08-16
Alexandria, KY

Zorker to Stevengm

to Stevengm
Stevengm,

Same deal here. CB sent me an email telling me about "Great news" that ZT Max was now available to me...10/768k for $10 more per month. I'm a Charter Member meaning I've had ZT since it was available and at the end of 2010 this is the best they could come up with?

I immediately called Insight and in 2 days I'll have their new 50.0 service (50/5). I can't see myself going back to CB even if/when they offer fiber here. They've treated their customer base too poorly for too long.

DeathK
Premium Member
Cincinnati, OH

DeathK to iwantfiber

Premium Member

to iwantfiber
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
They strung the fiber past my house today
DeathK

DeathK

Premium Member

Trucks came through today (or rather Sunday since I posted this after midnight) and installed the breakout boxes up on the line. Should be live here shortly. I was surprised they were out working on a Sunday and so late (late afternoon to evening), but the contractor probably has a deadline to meet. They even had canopies over their buckets to help shield from the cold/wind.