Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

1 edit

Bill Neilson to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: If they want to ramp up the uptake...

said by fiberguy2:

You'd have to be blind not to see it... it's a common cry here on BBR.. people want more speed and think it should be cheaper since the technology is aged.. Search BBR, you'll find it yourself..
I have....I can't find one person wanting better service for LESS than what they are paying for now.

Maybe you could find me one person....since YOU said it?

BTW, Comcast/Cox were past services. I do not have either anymore. I just reviewed them and had them pegged on me. For Cox, I went 3 years without any sort of speed upgrade yet ended up paying 20% more by the time I left it. So, yes, I got the same service for more money every year.

If companies want to raise rates, fine...we all work and want a profit....but to do so yearly without any yearly upgrades is a joke and worthy of complaining

Z80A
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23

Z80A

Premium Member

I want 1Gb service for $0. There. You found one.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

said by Z80A:

I want 1Gb service for $0. There. You found one.
Ok, two
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Bill Neilson

Premium Member

to Bill Neilson
Like I said... I'm not going to do your homework.. you obviously don't read this site very often.. I have MUCH better things to do than play tit-for-tat with you... it's a very well known desire here on this site... It's VERY well known that a good majority of the people here EXPECT prices to go down while speeds go up.. I don't even believe, to be honest, that you looked... finding this opinion is like tripping over a startbucks in Seattle.

And, as I said about your rate increases... THE MAJORITY OF MAJOR PLAYERS HAVE NOT raised their rates on HSI over the past decade.. however, their speeds increased dramatically.. just becuase you are saying that YOUR rates did increase, oh well.. that's your personal experience.. however, the majority of people never saw rate increases.. it, too, is well known.

Comcast has been selling HSI now for $42.95 in the overwhelming majority of their markets for almost 7 years now. Time Warner has barely seen any rate increases on HSI... yet speeds increased. Still, there is nothing that said speeds have to increase everytime rates go up. rate increases are bound to happen in just about any environment as a cost of living.. it's a fact. So what.. get over it.

And, as for your rates increasing.. what increased? what did you start with, and what did you end up with? and.. was it equipment? was it the service itself? was it also partly your video services? Blanket statements, when it's very well known about HSI prices in cable have stayed basically the same, UNTIL RECENTLY as some providers have bumped their rates by about a buck, aren't going to change the over all facts.. I'm not talking about YOU specifically.. some people do see increases.. I'm talking about the industry as a whole.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

So your argument cents around how people here want MORE services for LESS than what they pay at the moment.....yet when asked where you get that....you can't show a single post of someone?

Considering you past it along as common here, I would think you would be finding many.....not just 1-2

Just stating something doesn't make it true
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

No.. i just don't play the "if you can't post it, it's not true" game... I remain on my point...

I'll let others here chime in if they want.. go through the HSI forums.. you'll find it all over the place.. same with the news archives... I have better things to do than play this game with you.

And like wise to you.. just becuase you say it's NOT so, doesn't make it so... you can be right in your mind if you want.. but I'm right in reality.

I'm done with your play ground game of "you said it, now go find it" crap..

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

go through the HSI forums.. you'll find it all over the place.. same with the news archives
If they are all over the place, find me a few.

Why do you keep avoiding this? You stated it and I am simply asking where these statements are....I am not sure what you think you are accomplishing by trying to push me to back up what YOU said.

If you just want to admit that you saw a few people state such a thing 1-2 and in order to make your point look better, you over-exaggerated...that would probably pass on better....but acting like everyone wants more speed/less prices is your opinion that you can't even back up with a single reference so far.

Again, where?

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

HERE i want a fiber connection at DSL prices