Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207 to ke4pym

Premium Member

to ke4pym

Re: Creative

said by ke4pym:

What I'm interested to see is if they'll still honor their data block. All of my phones have text and data blocked so there's no chance of getting a text message or data fee.

Wonder if they'll keep that ability in place.
Absolutely, I wouldn't expect that to change. The problem is that Verizon already charges a ton of money for text and picture mail features that a lot of people want and use, but I've not seen Verizon offer the ability to block just the data for online services that generates this $1.99 fee. Your choice is to completely block all types of data, like you are doing. The solution would be to make the first MB free, but that would cause Verizon to lose millions of dollars each month, so a consumer friendly solution will never happen. Verizon will just continue to blame the phone manufacturer's software, and keep raking in this bonus profit.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

All you do is call them up. "Block data and sms/mms" and it is done. It even says so on the features section on my bill. Works great. You hit that up arrow, the browser loads then fails to connect.

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

All you do is call them up. "Block data and sms/mms" and it is done. It even says so on the features section on my bill. Works great. You hit that up arrow, the browser loads then fails to connect.
What if you just have no interest in using any data, but still need to communicate with SMS? From what I have read, the only sure way to stop this phantom $1.99 charge is to completely block both data and messaging, yet they are billed separately in some plans. If people were able to just exclusively block data, and keep this fee from continuing to appear on their bills, it would not have been a big deal at all.