Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

1 edit

C_Chipperson

Premium Member

Re: Throttling?

said by Sunny:

said by fuziwuzi:

One technician used his own equipment to make an identical FTP file transfer as I had done and saw the exact same issue I described.
Would you describe these FTP file transfers and provide a screenshot or two?

Please post the following information:

Answer these "6" questions first, then answer any of the following questions that are specific to your issue:

1) Your location: City and State.

2) A description of the problem.

3) Is the issue intermittent, constant or does it occur at a specific time of day?

4) Your modem make, model & firmware version. How to find firmware version: Access modem

5) Describe any home networking if applicable. (i.e. routers, hubs, adapters, etc.)

6) List any firewall and/or anti-virus software you have installed. Include what version you have.

If you have an issue with slow or fluctuating speed:

• What HSI Tier you are subscribed to: (i.e. 6000/1000, 12000/2000, etc.)

• Post a Speed Test

• Post a Tweak Test

• Post what browser/browsers you are using while running a speed test.
said by fuziwuzi:

Emphasis of the fact that you still haven't answered the standard questions Sunny See Profile posted above? Is there a reason you won't post this information?

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

said by C_Chipperson:

Emphasis of the fact that you still haven't answered the standard questions Sunny See Profile posted above? Is there a reason you won't post this information?
See above where I write, "I'm through beating this dead horse." I'm told there is no such thing as "throttling", at least not inside the Matrix.

C_Chipperson
Monster Rain
Premium Member
join:2009-01-17

1 edit

C_Chipperson

Premium Member

said by fuziwuzi :

See above where I write, "I'm through beating this dead horse." I'm told there is no such thing as "throttling", at least not inside the Matrix.
Did someone actually say there is no such thing as throttling?

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by C_Chipperson:

said by fuziwuzi :

Did someone actually say there is no such thing as throttling?
No, but they did say there was no way this user could blame all their service woes on QoS that might cover a brief chunk of time of their total usage in a day, in rare and unusual situations. And then this user refused to run any tests, post any signals, or otherwise provide any information to troubleshoot their connection or to determine if they were even running into a QoS engagement on their line.

So we're left where we started. No where.

Meanwhile, those of us with functioning connections continue to enjoy the speed they provide.