Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

It appears that...

... the January "thaw" is upon us. There's still snow on the ground, but it seems pretty limited to piles along the street and areas that are consistently in shade. The lawns are pretty-much void of snow and the green grass is completely exposed in most areas. I can't say I'm disappointed. As tolerant as I am to the snow, it's good to see most of it gone... if only temporarily.

Yay!!!!

LadyL
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH

LadyL

Premium Member

Driveways, rooftops and streets are completely clear. But there's plenty of snow on the lawns, etc. At least 6" or more.
Plenty should melt off by early next week when Tuesday gives us snow showers.
Ma Nature will do as she pleases.
61999674 (banned)
Gotta Do What Ya Gotta Do
join:2000-09-02
Here

61999674 (banned) to Pacrat

to Pacrat
It was a good thing the thaw was relatively slow, if it had been a quick warm-up possibly with rain we would have a major problem on our hands.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

Yeah... I haven't heard of any reports of significant flooding anywhere. Usually, there's a problem with the Chagrin River.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Pacrat

MVM

to Pacrat
All of our snow was almost gone beginning of last week. Today it is in the mid-40's - almost 50...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
Cortland, OH

1 edit

Pacrat

MVM

We're pretty-much down to traces of snow wherever it happened to be piled up. The only snow on the ground is where the plow left it or where there were appreciable drifts. It was pretty warm today and fairly windy, so that pretty-much did in the bulk of whatever was generally left on the ground. We'll have to see what happens later this next week. Supposed to turn cold and snow Wednesday and after. Anybody notice the days are getting noticeably longer? That's always a good sign! It's not really dark here until almost 6 pm. I can handle that! Beats the hell out of quarter to five.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Have not really noticed the lights - it has been so grey and dreary and cloudy... About a week ago I noticed that it was brighter earlier in the morning but then it got cloudy and foggy...

Zorack
join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV

Zorack to Pacrat

to Pacrat
Man I HOPE no more snow EVER happens til that one day one DEC 25th,I hate snow and cold with a passion,give me warm temps and blue jean cutoffs any day.