Search similar:

uniqs

clarknova
join:2010-02-23
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to veger

to veger

Re: Everything MLPPP -

It is strongly recommended that you wipe the nvram of any device after installing Tomato/mlppp. I think this will take care of any lockup or other unpredictable behaviour.
veger
join:2011-09-06

veger

HI! Thanks for the info, ps, someone told me that Openwrt does Not support two lines at the moment or Not for the router "WZR-HP-AG300H" ( one of the two ).

I see it listed here "http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#buffalo" but I would prefer if someone could confirm it before ordering one.

Paul

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT to clarknova

Premium Member

to clarknova

Re: Everything MLPPP

said by clarknova:

If you have a DSL connection that is getting 1.5/0.5, then the best you can hope for by adding another connection is 3/1.

Technically speaking, you're probably correct if restricted to TSI service. OpenWRT/MLPPP now supports heterogeneous bonding, so 1.5/0.5 + 5/0.8 = 6.5 + 1.3 (all minus the 15% PPPoE overhead), but this feature might require support on the LNS side as well. If TSI gives me 2 different speed profiles, I'll be glad to test it
FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT to veger

Premium Member

to veger

Re: Everything MLPPP -

said by veger:

HI! Thanks for the info, ps, someone told me that Openwrt does Not support two lines at the moment or Not for the router "WZR-HP-AG300H" ( one of the two ).
I see it listed here "http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#buffalo" but I would prefer if someone could confirm it before ordering one.

OpenWRT/MLPPP is a fork and it does work on TSI's MLPPP. I've personally tested it with single line setup before switching to cable and it should easily work on the multiple line setup. For it, you'd need TP Link TL-1043ND or Netgear WNDR3700 though. Those are the only 2 platforms it supports (other than x86, which seems to be a non-starter for you).
Sith Sideus
join:2011-03-27
Mount Pleasant, ON

Sith Sideus to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT

i am suppose to be getting 5/0.8 already but unfortunately i only get around 1.5/0.5 which sucks, and unless i can figure out why it is so low and fix it i wont bother with MLPPP since it would cost me way to much to get the upload i need...which means in the end ill be stuck.
filipesanta
join:2011-09-22

filipesanta

ok so i want to try out settign up a mlppp conection but i jsut want to bypass the bell throttle i dont need a multilink.
So what i need is a slppp and so far i have been geting diferent tips on thisregarding what do i need for it.

i have a speedstream 6300 router conected to dsl.

aparently this router cant be used so i need to go get a new router or modem but so far i coudnt understand if i need 1 MODEM and 1 ROUTER...just 1 MODEM or if i can use one of those routers that make it work without a modem(im sorry but my knowledge on internet stuff is BAD )

i can get my hands on a D-link router(or modem..i dont know anymore!!)

basicaly all i wan tto know it...im using a single piece of gear(this speedstream 6300) that works as mdoem and router(i think..at least has other ports and wireless).

for a slppp conection just to bypass throttle what do i need to get? jsut the Dlink will do? or shoud i get a modem+the dlink router?

any modem will do if thats the case?

ohh and i woud also like to know if anyone experienced some improvements playign world of warcraft or othe ronline gaming after starting to use mlppp // slppp....because my conection..speed etc seems fine..its jsut the packet lose and sudent lag spikes that make everythign basicaly unplayble

thanks in advance
Fukker
join:2007-03-17
Thornhill, ON

Fukker to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Amazing topic, really easy explanation on how to setup MLPPP.

Thank you very much.
Expand your moderator at work

infamouskid
join:2007-01-24
White Rock, BC

infamouskid to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn

which type of transmit mode should i be using in openwrt/mlppp with teksavvy?

fragmentation, rr or rr performance?
doofoo
join:2002-01-21
Upper Marlboro, MD

doofoo to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT
said by FiReSTaRT:

said by clarknova:

If you have a DSL connection that is getting 1.5/0.5, then the best you can hope for by adding another connection is 3/1.

Technically speaking, you're probably correct if restricted to TSI service. OpenWRT/MLPPP now supports heterogeneous bonding, so 1.5/0.5 + 5/0.8 = 6.5 + 1.3 (all minus the 15% PPPoE overhead), but this feature might require support on the LNS side as well. If TSI gives me 2 different speed profiles, I'll be glad to test it

How exactly does this work with different speeds? Are you referring to the MLPPP on the providers side having link speed profiles set for the bonding?

clarknova
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
I have posted a bounty to have the Tomato/MLPPP code updated to work with modern hardware, plus vlan support. I would appreciate it if any interested party here would either contribute funds to the purse or code to the solution.

»tomatousb.org/forum/t-25 ··· -1300830

For anybody interested at tackling the code, I've compiled a quick list of handy references to get you started:

Guspaz and DSLRicer's Tomato/MLPPP:
»fixppp.org/

Guspaz discusses the value-add of their code over standard Linux MLPPP:
»Re: Acanac's MLPPP does not support Tomato MLPPP?

Toastman compiles (Tomato with vlans):
»www.4shared.com/dir/v1Bu ··· lds.html

Shibby's builds (Tomato with vlans and vanilla single-link MLPPP):
»tomato.groov.pl/index.php

OpenWRT/MLPPP (OpenWRT with Guspaz and DSLRicer's MLPPP Mods and
support for up to 4 links in GUI. Also supports packet splitting):
»fw5.net/

Original Tomato firmware, against which Guspaz and DSLRicer's mods were developed:
»www.polarcloud.com/tomato
metamaster
join:2008-07-07
Peterborough, ON

metamaster to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Since Bell is not throttling anymore can I get rid of my SLPPP?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

Yes you can.
metamaster
join:2008-07-07
Peterborough, ON

metamaster

Thanks

haggaret
@teksavvy.com

haggaret to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
Has anyone here had any experience with the Sangoma S518 ADSL PCI cards? I picked up 3 of them, thinking I would stick them into a box running Ubuntu and then bond 3 DSL connections together, but so far I haven't been able to get more than one card up at a time.

I've got Sangoma support looking into it, but figured I'd check here to see if anyone else has managed something similar.

I should also mentioned that I'm not stuck on using Ubuntu - although I would like to stay away from windows....

clarknova
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova

Have you tried connecting with each card individually? If each works by itself, how are you trying to bond them? Have you installed the Linux/MLPPP stuff from fixppp.org?

haggaret
@tel-ott.com

haggaret

Anon

Yes, I have confirmed that each card can connect individually, but when I try to start them both, the system hangs.

I was trying to use the following guide:

»wiki.sangoma.com/Wanpipe ··· Link-PPP

The Sangoma support guys have been pretty awesome - it started out with a driver issue where I couldn't even get one card to work, but they resolved that and now each of the cards works individually, but sadly I can't seem to get more than one to come up without causing the system to hang - never mind actually trying to connect with them.
haggaret
join:2011-11-30
Stittsville, ON

haggaret

I've heard back from Sangoma - they are basically telling me that there are issues getting more than one card to work simultaneously in Ubuntu, especially on kernels newer than 2.6.30. They've suggested I try CentOS with an older kernel.

I think I may go the other way and return the cards and just pick up a couple modems if I can find them for a decent price.

This has certainly been a learning experience so far... Still hoping I manage to get this going eventually.
haggaret

haggaret

Gave up on the Sangoma cards and am now just going to use 3 old DSL modems, each connected to a NIC on the same machine running Ubuntu 10.04. Using the MLPPP package, and I'm pretty close to having this set up properly (I think) but I'm just confused at the IP address I'm getting when it starts up - it doesn't match the static IP I'm *supposed* to get.

Here is what happens when I start mlppp:

root@Bonder-HDP:/etc/ppp# /opt/mlppp/bin/pppoe_start ppp0
root@Bonder-HDP:/etc/ppp# Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
PPP session is 11272
Starting negotiation on eth0
PAP authentication succeeded
peer from calling number 00:90:1A:A3:B5:F1 authorized
Using interface ppp0
ioctl(PPPIOCSFRAG): Invalid argument (line 775)
New bundle ppp0 created
local IP address 206.248.132.238
remote IP address 206.248.154.106
primary DNS address 206.248.154.22
secondary DNS address 206.248.154.170
Terminating link on signal 2
Link terminated.

I'll dig into this a bit more (to the best of my ability) but figured I'd post here just in case someone had done this already and knew what was was going on. I'm also confused by the "Link Terminated" message because despite the fact I've got the wrong IP address, the link is definitely up. (I was able to post this afterall)
haggaret

haggaret

Well I've successfully bonded two DSLs together as of tonight. I still need to pick up a third modem to add the last one into the mix. I still get the messages about the link being terminated, but everything is working so not sure what to make of that.

So far speed tests aren't great - especially in the downstream direction - not sure what is going on there. Upstream is about as expected, so that's good news.

Mersault
join:2007-10-26
Toronto, ON

Mersault

Sad to hear about the Sangoma situation. I've generally liked them, and it's a local company which is awesome. But I've only ever worked with their voice gear.
haggaret
join:2011-11-30
Stittsville, ON

haggaret

My attempt to move from 2 to 3 bonded connections isn't going smoothly unfortunately.I don't see it stating a PPP session on eth3 as expected (see below).

Here is the output of db_dump:

root@Bonder-HDP:/opt/mlppp/bin# ./db_dump
ppp0_username=xxxxxx@yyyyyyy.com
ppp0_defaultroute=1
ppp0_multilink=eth0,eth2,eth3
ppp0-key=6674C145
ppp0-link=11348
ppp0_multilink_top=3
ppp0_remote_endpoint=local:34.36.30.38.33.32.30.30.32.36.00.00.00.00.00
_ppp0-0_lcp_status=1
_ppp0-1_lcp_status=1

Starting the connection:

root@Bonder-HDP:/opt/mlppp/bin# ./pppoe_start ppp0
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
root@Bonder-HDP:/opt/mlppp/bin# Plugin rp-pppoe.so loaded.
PPP session is 12280
Starting negotiation on eth0
PPP session is 3538
Starting negotiation on eth2
PAP authentication succeeded
peer from calling number 00:90:1A:A0:A2:7A authorized
Using interface ppp0
ioctl(PPPIOCSFRAG): Invalid argument (line 775)
New bundle ppp0 created
Terminating on signal 15
Connection terminated.
local IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
remote IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
primary DNS address 206.248.154.22
secondary DNS address 206.248.154.170
Terminating link on signal 2
Link terminated.
Timeout waiting for PADO packets

The other weird thing is that if I reboot the system, it all goes to hell. It doesn't start up automatically, and I had to re-copy over the /var/run/mlppp directory to get anything going.

Anyone have any experience with this that would be willing to help me out? Like I said - 2 seems to work fine, but trying to get to 3 isn't going so well.

Thanks
ziggy89
join:2009-12-16
London, ON

ziggy89

We currently are setup on single line MLPPP, and plan on having a dry loop line installed so we can set up up 2-line mlppp

I'm a little unclear about the physical setup. I'd really appreciate it if someone could clarify a few things for us.

Router is Linksys WRT54GL flashed with TOMATO

I'm thinking it would be set up this way:

Note: Router is Linksys WRT54GL flashed with TOMATO

Line 1 ( Our current DSL connection ) --> Modem 1 --> WAN port on Router

Line 2 ( Dry loop DSL line ) --> Modem 2 --> a LAN port on the Router

LAN2 ---> PC1
LAN3 ---> PC2

Then configure Tomato for 2 line MLPPP

Thanks

PSurge
@teksavvy.com

PSurge to JenSuisUn

Anon

to JenSuisUn
I have been getting intermittent link fragmentation on my 2 line MLPPP connection ever since the upgrade last Friday. This causes my connection to pause off and on when downloading and can be easily seen when doing a speed test. I'm currently using the following network settings:

Bundle MTU 1500

Link 1 MRU 1486
Link 1 MTU 1487
Link 1 MRRU 1500

Link 2 MRU 1486
Link 2 MTU 1487
Link 2 MRRU 1500

Tried a few values for MRRU including 1486, 1500 and 1590 and it does not seem to fix the issue. Any idea if something was changed with the upgrade in regards to MLPPP?

PSurge
joeyxl
join:2012-01-24
Newmarket, ON

joeyxl to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
i am wondering if this will help me,becuase i can only get 640k in my area.

clarknova
Grande Prairie, AB

clarknova

said by joeyxl:

i am wondering if this will help me,becuase i can only get 640k in my area.

MLPPP will give you n(x)-o for speed, where n is the number of lines, x is the speed of the slowest of those lines, and o is the small overhead required to do mlppp.

If you can get 8 modems connected and each of them able to pull down a blazing 640k, then you can realistically expect to get around 5 mbps on the bundle. Make sure you get a router that can handle that kind of speed.

PSurge
@teksavvy.com

PSurge to PSurge

Anon

to PSurge
said by PSurge :

I have been getting intermittent link fragmentation on my 2 line MLPPP connection ever since the upgrade last Friday. This causes my connection to pause off and on when downloading and can be easily seen when doing a speed test. I'm currently using the following network settings:

Bundle MTU 1500

Link 1 MRU 1486
Link 1 MTU 1487
Link 1 MRRU 1500

Link 2 MRU 1486
Link 2 MTU 1487
Link 2 MRRU 1500

Tried a few values for MRRU including 1486, 1500 and 1590 and it does not seem to fix the issue. Any idea if something was changed with the upgrade in regards to MLPPP?

PSurge

Issue is now resolved and was related to the DSL slowdown problem discussed in another thread. A system with 2 or more lines on MLPPP is more sensitive to connectivity issues and will usually result in intermittent connectivity as the split packets can't be reassembled in time.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
When using the Tomato MLPPP Version 1.27-mp3alpha7 on a WRT54G router, 2 phone lines, when I disconnect the second phone line, the whole connection goes down.

The router itself is not accessible until I reconnect the 2nd phone line.

Is this a known problem with the TomatoMLPPP firmware?

CyberCam
join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON

CyberCam to JenSuisUn

to JenSuisUn
Has anyone tried the latest version of Vyatta's (6.3) MLPPP lately? Does it work? I've searched the forum & read some old posts that were back in 2008/09.

I was using pfSense 2.0.1 but kept having the router crash when using OpenVPN & UPnP with my PS3 so I've had to go back using my old WRT54G router with Tomato!

chpalmer
join:2002-11-18
Belfair, WA
·Astound
·VOIPO

chpalmer

I use 2.0.1 with mlppp and openvpn quite heavily at my office with no issues... Not using UPnP however.... Have you tried a 2.1 snapshot based on freebsd 8.3? Im curious if that might help.

I was going to give Vyatta a try but have not and probably wont at this point.