Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Z80A

Premium Member

to Z80A

Re: That isn't what is available

said by Z80A:

It only reflects what people choose to buy.
So then, what you really mean to say, is price v speed, is still way out of wack, and we are still getting ripped off, be the connection slow or fast.

I was pretty sure that's what you meant..

Z80A
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23

Z80A

Premium Member

No it's not. I mean that people are quite content with bottom tier offerings because there are so many other sources of information and entertainment in the States.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by Z80A:

No it's not. I mean that people are quite content with bottom tier offerings because there are so many other sources of information and entertainment in the States.
Wow, you speak for us all, do you? Reminds me of someone else on this site.

So, back up your bold claims.

Z80A
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23

Z80A

Premium Member

dslreports.com/archive doesn't lie. People buy what they buy. If they want faster speeds they can easily get them for only a few dollars more than the tiers they're on.

Unless you can prove otherwise.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

said by Z80A:

dslreports.com/archive doesn't lie. People buy what they buy. If they want faster speeds they can easily get them for only a few dollars more than the tiers they're on.

So you make bold claims, which I dispute, and you tell me to go find my own answers. Typical. And again, you sure seem to think, you know what everyone on earth is doing and thinking.

You are even changing your statement, as you said "I mean that people are quite content with bottom tier offerings because there are so many other sources of information and entertainment in the States." Which doesn't really tie in with the new statement you made.

It seems to me, even you don't know what you mean, or are talking about, or have the ability to express one idea, and stick to it.

So yeah, sure. People having poor internet speeds, is all about them not wanting more speed, and has nothing to do with price. Or wait, no, they don't need higher speeds, because they have other sources of information and entertainment.. Yeah, that must be it too...
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray to Z80A

to Z80A
said by Z80A:

We have 50Mbps Fios and 15Mbps cable available.

A survey of 23 neighbors reveals that most choose to buy 768K (now 1M) DSL or 1.5Mbps cable modems. Two have 10M Fios. We have 768K cable, chosen to save money ($27/mo).

DSLR forum members are mostly power users, not exactly representative of the average American demographic. Most households are NOT purchasing the maximum speed available.