how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bresnanlame

join:2009-08-25
Billings, MT

Use Bresnan Wi-fi if your a moron

I'm sure some of you have seen the ads on T.V. by now. This is the best laugh I've had in awhile. $99.99 to have a tech install a router and then charge you an additional $3.99 a month for winning customer support. Or do it yourself for $59.99. It gets better. They recommend you put DigiDo on your computer as well. If you don't have problems, you will now. Check out the stupidity at www.bresnan.com/wifi/

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

4 edits

The first time I saw that commercial I was laughing so hard by the end of it...Now introducing Bresnan Wifi@Home...Now you can share your internet with other computers in your home wirelessly...Welcome to the year 2000 Bresnan. Great job (though might as well be the year 2000 with the level of service I get from their HSI)! Most average consumers know you can pick up a wireless router at any store for cheaper and install is real simple - plus you don't have to pay $4/month for it as you purchase the router and it is yours...wonder how they get away with that. You purchase a Netgear router from Bresnan for $59.99 (self install) then they charge you $4/month for what exactly?

Oh, and does this mean that if you purchase this router from them that it is a 'top secret proprietary router' and their tech support won't tell you to take the router off and run tests because routers mess up their service?

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY
reply to bresnanlame

said by »www.bresnan.com/wifi/ :

Our secure wireless frequency lets you link up to 5 computers to your Bresnan OnLine connection.
So...if you link more than 5 what do they do then? Not like they can tell anyways...

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to bresnanlame

I'll stick with my Dual PIII@1GHz router for now.

bigburd

join:2009-09-14
Butte, MT
kudos:1
reply to bresnanlame

this, people, is an absolute scam.