how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rahvin112

join:2002-05-24
Sandy, UT

Horseshit.

As I posted on Slashdot. Sandy Utah has no such speed available. Utopia isn't in Sandy and won't ever be in Sandy while the current councilmen and Mayor are in office. I have spoken to them about it, they are happy they voted it down years ago because Utopia is going to have to call in the sales tax commitment from member cities.

I live in Sandy, in one the heart of the city and these speeds do NOT exist. Sandy is not in Utopia, nor will it ever be. Akamia's entire paper is garbage if the city listed with the fastest internet doesn't even have such a speed. The highest speed possible in Sandy is what is available through Comcast, currently the 16Mbs plan, unless you buy your own direct DS3 or higher.

The report is garbage, I'm glad it got publicity though, for the publicity has pointed out that it's an unreliable piece of crap that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Are there any web hosts who call your city home? That's what appears to be the issue in a few US cities.

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to rahvin112
said by rahvin112:

As I posted on Slashdot. Sandy Utah has no such speed available. Utopia isn't in Sandy and won't ever be in Sandy while the current councilmen and Mayor are in office. I have spoken to them about it, they are happy they voted it down years ago because Utopia is going to have to call in the sales tax commitment from member cities.

I live in Sandy, in one the heart of the city and these speeds do NOT exist. Sandy is not in Utopia, nor will it ever be. Akamia's entire paper is garbage if the city listed with the fastest internet doesn't even have such a speed. The highest speed possible in Sandy is what is available through Comcast, currently the 16Mbs plan, unless you buy your own direct DS3 or higher.

The report is garbage, I'm glad it got publicity though, for the publicity has pointed out that it's an unreliable piece of crap that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
I read the slashdot comments too, and there were a few people explaining the innaccuracies as the result of Akamai not being able to localize their data to individual cities properly. You`re just being irrationally angry.

More importantly, could you explain what you`re referring to when you say "sales tax commitment" for UTOPIA member states?

And while maybe the councilmen and mayor are happy, I`m pretty darn sure the residents wouldn`t be happy if they understood what they were being deprived of.