share rss forum feed

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to noname10

Re: That isn't what is available

Worked there with engineers for awhile , akamai captures data based on their locations , the database is huge and yes I worked with it.

These are speed measures dependent on who hits the closest akamai server. And it averages out how much data a particular region uses on average. This measures how much data leaves each server and is averaged out based on each pop in the region where the servers lay.

I worked there and worked with the data. I may have phrased it to simplistic for your mind ?
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
You can never phrase anything too simplistically for my mind. It seems that this Akamai data is becoming a bit of a benchmark of sorts. It's as good a place for anyone to start when researching regional broadband performance, although this is such an inexact science.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Exactly , and until we have an easy exact science , this can be taken with a grain of salt.

Relying on one companies benchmarks, no matter how big the company is in the internet world is a big mistake.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"