Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

2 recommendations

Karl Bode to Underplay

News Guy

to Underplay

Re: Usenet + Encryption / Private BitTorrent

I will say that people who infer that protecting their personal P2P use is the Internet equivalent of protecting Bolivia from fascism aren't really doing copyright reform any favors.

I'll also say though that people who boil down the entire P2P crowd's arguments as "we like free stuff" haven't got much of a clue of what the debate is really about either.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

said by Karl Bode:

I will say that people who infer that protecting their personal P2P use is the Internet equivalent of protecting Bolivia from fascism aren't really doing copyright reform any favors.

I'll also say though that people who boil down the entire P2P crowd's arguments as "we like free stuff" haven't got much of a clue of what the debate is really about either.
I was only replying to the person above talking about freedoms. P2P is about alot more, but people who reply about freedoms in a topic of copyright infringement are talking about one specific part of P2P.

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

KoolMoe to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
infer or imply? (in the lead story, bolded, too)
KM

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to Karl Bode

Premium Member

to Karl Bode
said by Karl Bode:

Amen!!