Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

Selling my principles for 20Mb Upstream

Verizon sent me the "DEPLOYMENT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS IMMINENT" letter today.

If we ever figure out whether Verizon is a black hat or not, don't tell me. If I can afford 20-50Mb upstream, I'm signing up. I gots servers I gots to get online.

NV

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

I tried the whole servers on a residential connection thing and it just wasn't worth it. In the end I colocated. Much better and I don't have to worry about things like physical security, fire protection and backup power.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

Noah Vail

Premium Member

These are for my personal and business use. They're Music, Video, Software Repository, Linux Distros; etc.

It's easier for me to keep my entertainment collection where it is and share it with myself, than to upload terabytes of stuff.

NV
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to Noah Vail

Premium Member

to Noah Vail
said by Noah Vail:

Verizon sent me the "DEPLOYMENT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS IMMINENT" letter today.
I received my "deployment is imminent" letter a couple of months ago. Since then, I've watched crews drop new conduit and pull fiber. I have yet to receive notification that the service is live.
said by Noah Vail:

If we ever figure out whether Verizon is a black hat or not, don't tell me. If I can afford 20-50Mb upstream, I'm signing up. I gots servers I gots to get online.
I would be interested too for the increased upload capacity. Unfortunately, VZ's cost/mth overshadows Cox's and I can't justify a 60% price increase for more upload capacity when I already have access to servers in a data center.