join:2003-10-19
Tacoma, WA

1 recommendation

reply to 88615298

People still watch TV?

said by 88615298:

said by Underplay:

They can't stop freedom
So freedom is not paying for stuff you should? Please go to work and tell your boss you will now work for free so their customers can get free shit. Of course I am assuming you actually have a job.
Actually yea I do have a job, that is legal as well, and I'm self employed, no boss here. Oh yea, I'm also a programmer. What are you trying to proof? Im downloading a 4.3 GB file through usenet's 256bit encryption and there aint shit nobody can do about it because it's my right. What you people don't get is that you cant stop evolution, you can only slow it down, obviously your brainwashed into thinking sharing virtual information that has no phsyical value is illegal, you probably also support the DEA and the war on drugs aswell dont you.

I can't wait for all the old people and there old views to just die out.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

4 edits

said by Underplay:

said by 88615298:

said by Underplay:

They can't stop freedom
So freedom is not paying for stuff you should? Please go to work and tell your boss you will now work for free so their customers can get free shit. Of course I am assuming you actually have a job.
Actually yea I do have a job, that is legal as well, and I'm self employed, no boss here. Oh yea, I'm also a programmer. What are you trying to proof? Im downloading a 4.3 GB file through usenet's 256bit encryption and there aint shit nobody can do about it because it's my right. What you people don't get is that you cant stop evolution, you can only slow it down, obviously your brainwashed into thinking sharing virtual information that has no phsyical value is illegal, you probably also support the DEA and the war on drugs aswell dont you.

I can't wait for all the old people and there old views to just die out.
Bullshit. And if by some chance all of that is correct, then I assume you don't mind if other people steal your work and never pay for it, putting you on the street?

You are either lying or a fool who doesn't understand how life works.

Anybody who is self employed and has even AN IDEA of how bills work wouldn't be messing around with putting bread on the table. Esp. not in this economy.

Btw, it's 'prove', not proof. Not to mention the countless other spelling errors. What software do you make by chance? Hacks modifications for games, Stuff on /b/ in your parents basement? Because a person with your ability to type wouldn't be able to sell anything reasonable.

fldiver
Premium
join:1999-12-27
Jacksonville, FL
reply to Underplay

Let's also not forget boys and girls that corporations have broke the public trust by extending these copyrights to ridiculous lengths of time to "protect their revenue stream". Please educate yourselves before you start spouting inaccurate information. P2P can be used for many legal purposes, and if you think someone is automatically guilty before they are charged in front of a jury of their peers you didn't read the constitution very carefully.

dgoner
Premium
join:2002-03-08
Knox, IN
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

Bullshit. And if by some chance all of that is correct, then I assume you don't mind if other people steal your work and never pay for it, putting you on the street?

Anybody who is self employed and has even AN IDEA of how bills work wouldn't be messing around with putting bread on the table. Esp. not in this economy.

Btw, it's 'prove', not proof. Not to mention the countless other spelling errors. What software do you make by chance? Hacks modifications for games, Stuff on /b/ in your parents basement? Because a person with your ability to type wouldn't be able to sell anything reasonable.
So Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise have been thrown out on the street? Why didn't someone tell me such horrible atrocity was going on. KILL THE INTERNET NOW!

Let's face it this is about huge corporations trying to protect an ever GROWING empire. This has nothing to do with people being thrown out onto the street because they can't get paid. Sensationalism to the extreme on the part of the MPAA, RIAA, and all who sympathise with them.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

said by dgoner:

said by Metatron2008:

So Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and Tom Cruise have been thrown out on the street? Why didn't someone tell me such horrible atrocity was going on. KILL THE INTERNET NOW!

Let's face it this is about huge corporations trying to protect an ever GROWING empire. This has nothing to do with people being thrown out onto the street because they can't get paid. Sensationalism to the extreme on the part of the MPAA, RIAA, and all who sympathise with them.
For every major star, their are hundreds, thousands even, of people who take regular jobs to write, create and maintain their work. The only one making sensations about this is a person who looks at the top 1% and ignores the rest of the people; you.

dgoner
Premium
Knox, IN

Show some statistics of how this industry is in the state of contraction. Show some statistics as to how this industry is not still growing despite material being pirated. Put your money where your mouth is before you start spewing the 'party line' out of your mouth. This link shows data up to 2008. The industry as a whole is growing »www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w···T79tuaLg So tell me again are people attached to this industry really being thrown onto the street? Bullshit show me your proof!

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

If you haven't been paying attention to the economy, then there is no point talking to you. Most of that money goes to CEOs.

dgoner
Premium
Knox, IN

LOL yep that is what I thought (no data). Typical banter of a MPAA / RIAA shill. Let me let you in on a little secret... The CEO's always make the money regardless of the economy. The other little secret is that the entertainment industry is almost recession proof. As long as American's are still breathing they will always be looking for ways to be entertained. You'll have to try a lot harder to convince people that don't have their head up their tootsie that people are being pushed to the street, unable to make a buck in the entertainment industry.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

1 edit

The CEOs never used to be like this. The CEOs of today are just like you. They take what they want and have no care for anyone else.

You are looking the wrong way. I'm not a thief, or a shill, for any of your selfish sides. I have morales.

You may not realize this, but not everything is as polarized as you believe. I hate both you and the riaa.