lololol

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Gerdie
Hahahahahahahah. Gerdie. You couldn't have put that together any better.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Gerdie
Incoming official forum thread? WTB link

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Gerdie
said by Gerdie:

Thunderblaze tries to disguise his voice on vent. hahaha

I was with him in an ICC25 last night with my Hunter.. he was funny btw..

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA
kudos:2

1 edit
So, when I got off vent last night, I went into the room with the wife and kid, and proceeded to pass out. I woke up at 6 am this morning. I think that is the longest I have slept in awhile. Strep+Ear infection ftl Btw, how far did you guys get?
--
“Reality doesn't bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” - Anthony J. D'Angelo

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
Got Fester/Rot down. Then called it. We're on the calendar to go back in saturday for blood wing.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Yeah, Rotface is definitely one of those fights where the whole fight is bursting at the seems at the end and you're fighting to kill him before everyone dies.

I think we had a full minute left on the enrage timer in the 10-man though for Festergut.
--
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' -Thomas Jefferson -

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
Arch - you dropped a healer didn't ya?

Antonica
Premium
nope.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to JB
2-healed it? No, but we may 2-heal it next time.

Antonica
Premium
reply to JB
Our 10 man is awesome, our 25 man? not so much. We picked specific people for our 10 man, and will do so for our 25 man I believe this week. People not putting out almost 6k dps on a regular basis won't be coming.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

1 edit
reply to Antonica
WOAH, Very nice, last time we 2healed it and downed him at the 4 min mark (apparently your dps -1 = ours?? )

yeah, we kinda of split up our "core/best players" so now we have 2 pretty good 10s group, instead of 1 really awesome group and 1 OK group, helps everyone

Antonica
Premium
reply to Archivis
no reason to 2 heal it when we are already beating the enrage time by that much. that's just asking for a tank to drop.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Oh, I was thinking 2-healing Rotface, not Fester.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to JB
said by JB:

WOAH, Very nice, last time we 2healed it and downed him at the 4 min mark (apparently your dps -1 = ours?? )
I think I was like #4 on DPS too. Three people beating me and our #5 was right behind me.
--
'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.' -Thomas Jefferson -

Antonica
Premium
reply to Archivis
we'll see about rotface. We did it with 3 healers, and even though making gerdie dps may get more dps, it may lose alot more if someone dies. there was quite a few times I saw people below the 5% health mark... get rid of a healer and your going to lose dps.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Yeah, no need to change anything up if youre destroying that timer by that much, lol. We decided to 2h it because we had 3 and we were all at like 20-40% overhealing. It's not that stressfull... anyways. Grats on the kills.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Antonica
Gerdie was pretty gimped on her health. They did say that healing was a joke until we were crashing into the end there. If we never have to crash to the end, it might be better.
--

Antonica
Premium
reply to JB
we've had fester since he came out, 1 shot first time we saw him in 10 man. rot was a good kill though, felt good to get him down.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to JB
said by JB:

Yeah, no need to change anything up if youre destroying that timer by that much, lol. We decided to 2h it because we had 3 and we were all at like 20-40% overhealing. It's not that stressfull... anyways. Grats on the kills.
25-man is night and day difference. The DPS requirements are much higher. The tanks get hit harder. The healer demands are much more.
--

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to Antonica
said by Antonica:

Got Fester/Rot down.
Being sick ftl.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by Tirael:

said by Antonica:

Got Fester/Rot down.
Being sick ftl.
Yeah, we really earned that second kill. It took 5-6 times. Once we started having the feral bear kite instead of Arch, the extra DPS started helping a lot. I still think that a hunter would be a better idea as he could kite and half-dps at the same time.

We seem to have a problem with tanks not having a viable DPS offspec, though. Ya'll need to bring those up to par in ToCs and such.
--
"One can lead a child to knowledge, but one cannot make him think."

Source: Lt. Col. Jean V. Dubois (Ret.), Starship Troopers

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
Sacramento, CA
Err...has a tank with a viable dps off specsx2

Antonica
Premium
reply to Krisnatharok
I can't even get my tanking gear set let alone off spec set.

I have no desire to get a real offspec ready when the thought of rolling on offspec loot and having to hear people bitch and moan "I've been dps for x months and I never got it". If they haven't gotten it, you think I'm going to get it for OS? hah :P

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Archivis
I think you need 138k raid dps minimum for 25s. Yeah - It is a lot harder, really gotta get on your DPS and tell them to step up. I got to the point where I had to threaten to bench people if they did really low dps, and all melee should be doing at least 7k. (It's amazing how people play when you do this, lol)

We some how 4 healed fester last night (our 2nd holy pally got pwned, twice) - don't even ask how, at the end of the fight the resto druid, the holy priest and i were all OOM. While the other hpally who almost did 10k hps still had 30% mana -_- ... mail shoulders dropped and they went to our ele sham who did 3k dps, TEHUNO, WANNA JOIN MY GUILD? =P

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Antonica
said by Antonica:

I can't even get my tanking gear set let alone off spec set.

I have no desire to get a real offspec ready when the thought of rolling on offspec loot and having to hear people bitch and moan "I've been dps for x months and I never got it". If they haven't gotten it, you think I'm going to get it for OS? hah :P
Start coming to our ToCs as dps and don't even bring up the fact that you tank in ICC. It's easy to carry people (see Veritek's pally @ ~3000gs coming through our ToC25 and winning like 2-3 pieces of loot + a trophy).

Also, would it be more viable to go kitty dps?
--

Antonica
Premium
If I wanna dps, i'll log my lock.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium
Sacramento, CA
reply to JB
133,334 raid wide dps in order to beat the 5 minute enrage timer.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Antonica
said by Antonica:

If I wanna dps, i'll log my lock.
Except not every fight will require you to tank, and with some of the built-in DPS checks, having a viable DPS set is really going to help everyone...
--