uniqs

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: Official Mal'Ganis Thread

I can't even get my tanking gear set let alone off spec set.

I have no desire to get a real offspec ready when the thought of rolling on offspec loot and having to hear people bitch and moan "I've been dps for x months and I never got it". If they haven't gotten it, you think I'm going to get it for OS? hah :P

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

I can't even get my tanking gear set let alone off spec set.

I have no desire to get a real offspec ready when the thought of rolling on offspec loot and having to hear people bitch and moan "I've been dps for x months and I never got it". If they haven't gotten it, you think I'm going to get it for OS? hah :P
Start coming to our ToCs as dps and don't even bring up the fact that you tank in ICC. It's easy to carry people (see Veritek's pally @ ~3000gs coming through our ToC25 and winning like 2-3 pieces of loot + a trophy).

Also, would it be more viable to go kitty dps?

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

If I wanna dps, i'll log my lock.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

If I wanna dps, i'll log my lock.
Except not every fight will require you to tank, and with some of the built-in DPS checks, having a viable DPS set is really going to help everyone...

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

not me, would rather cut my arm off or lose my router in the sink than to go off spec and let the lesser geared tank (or lesser quality for that matter) tank instead of me. I don't trust many tanks.. if they aren't going to be top notch, they should be getting offspecs, not me.

I have a decent boomkin set, and would like to get that up, but I still have hauntings call for god sakes, while people int he raid take weapons just to have them cause they look nice or add them to their collection *cough*... so why work twice as hard to maintain another set when chances of me getting one viable enough to do more than 3k dps isn't going to happen?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

1 edit

JB9

Premium Member

*cough* the downfall of free roll, the upside of LC offspecs, we have our feral druid who has a full tank and DPS set. Our warrior is getting geared just as well. Our prot pally also has a full holy set. Talk about a great combo.

Looks like you need to have guildies rolling for you and then hand you over some loot

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

that is a good one.
Antonica

Antonica to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
its the guildies that are keeping me from getting the loot, not pugs :P

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
Then we better not be taking any tanks (*cough*bertus*cough*) that can't go DPS when needed.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
+1

If I were to choose 1 tank between the three(or 4) we have available in guild, it would be Ant, even though I know how good I am. Simply put, of all the tanks in the guild, she puts out the most dps, and she is really good.

Simply put, it's better to have a tank go OS and do 5k dps with a 3-4k dps tank, than it is to have a tank go OS and do 5k dps, with a tank that does 2-2.5k dps.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
That is pretty terrible then, =( I'm sorry

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Then we better not be taking any tanks (*cough*bertus*cough*) that can't go DPS when needed.
So in your words, I shouldn't be going cause I don't have an offspec being a tank as well.

Might wanna start thinking about what you are "suggesting" we do with our raid.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Tirael

Premium Member

to Tirael
I'm not even thinking that. The tank that can survive the fight is the one we want staying tank. The lesser-geared tank (with less EH/TTL or knowledge of CDs, lol) needs to be able to switch over to DPS and do ~5k.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
IIRC, "we" as a raid told bertus (I specifically remember Ant and Arch) to work on his dps set, asap.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

Might wanna start thinking about what you are "suggesting" we do with our raid.
Heh, no. I'm suggesting we all be flexible. Sheesh.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

I'm confused as to why your MAIN TANK needs offspec gear??? O_o , your MT should always be tanking =P

ima /exit thread now - i think i posted too many times here already xD

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

hell no jesus, you are spot on. keep posting. Even shows another perspective as to why im right :P

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

Follow these rules...

1) Holy pallies are not allowed ret gear LOL
2) Our Main Tank (Warrior) is well, our main tank and guess what- he will be tanking every boss regardless =P
3) Even if it is "Free rolls" if a guildy needs it a lot more than you, pass it to them. That will help your raid out more than the small upgrade "you" got.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

Couldn't agree more jesus.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to JB9

Premium Member

to JB9
said by JB9:

Follow these rules...
3) Even if it is "Free rolls" if a guildy needs it a lot more than you, pass it to them. That will help your raid out more than the small upgrade "you" got.
Even when the guildie is adding it to their "collection".

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You better not be talking about me...

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

said by Antonica:

I have a decent boomkin set, and would like to get that up, but I still have hauntings call for god sakes, while people int he raid take weapons just to have them cause they look nice or add them to their collection *cough*... so why work twice as hard to maintain another set when chances of me getting one viable enough to do more than 3k dps isn't going to happen?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
Well I hope I can add/have added valuable input, our guilds seem pretty similar in regards to skill/experience. I just wanna help

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I think he was.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Exodus:

said by Krisnatharok:

I think he was.
Well, I was joking on vent about getting a "collection", because I'm always asked to swap specs, and I dropped a buttload of gold in a pug on a situation-dictates type of weapon. But I had a MH drop last night I intended to keep with BM on it for destro as our shaman is always hard on mana w/o Replenishment, and then had an upgrade to my staff drop as well off Fester/Rot (whichever it was). Unfortunately, I ported out halfway through the instance to go Destro which means I enchanted the MH w/BM for Saurfang so it was already bound to me.

No one knows when something is going to drop, so you don't exactly pass on something planning to see a better piece of loot drop AND win it. But you can count on me not rolling on any caster weapons that drop from here on out. Shit just turns out that I now have 3 weapon sets I rotate based on fight and spec.

Antonica: I am saving for the caster legs (Leggings of Woven Death I think? Pretty hot - sp/crit/haste w/3 sockets). Progress: 3/8 saronites