shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777

Premium Member

[LHV] Extra HBO & Cinemax Channels

So it's been awhile, and I believe everyone that was planned to be crushed, has been crushed. I was going through paperwork last night to get rid of trash I don't need and I ran across the channel line-up sent out in September to me about the crush and I just had to take a look at it. While reading it, I noticed there was a block of channels set aside that state "Reserved for HBO" and another block that said "Reserved for Cinemax" all in the HD range (1000+). I immedietly turned to that block and got the "????" in the guide. So I then turned to rcn.com and viewed other markets. They have the extra HBO and Cinemax HD channels, yet we only have the one of each. I was curious if an unofficial official could ring in on this. As well as ring in as to why we're significantly low in HD channels compared to the other markets? Their advertised as 107+ HD channels, we're advertised at 75+ HD channels.... a 32 channel swing.
Expand your moderator at work
wbertram
Premium Member
join:2005-08-19
Allentown, PA

wbertram to shadyman777

Premium Member

to shadyman777

Re: [LHV] Extra HBO & Cinemax Channels

When we were first crushed, there was only one HBO-HD channel available on the STB/DVR.

However, I have a TV with a CableCard installed, and with the CableCard, the TV could tune ALL of the HBO-HD channels.

I have since dropped all of the premium movie channels, si I don't know if this is still the situation.