MSauk
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Sandy, UT

1 edit

MSauk

Premium Member

Without a doubt

The advertised price should include all fees and taxes. I know it would help me make a better, more informed decisions.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

You can't even get this information if you ask. You have to wait for your bill to arrive until you see what you're really paying.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by jjoshua:

You can't even get this information if you ask. You have to wait for your bill to arrive until you see what you're really paying.
Sprint does supply these estimates of fees added on to the advertised rates:
»nextelonline.nextel.com/ ··· up.shtml
Rates & Fees: Monthly charges exclude taxes, Sprint Surcharges [incl. USF charge of up to 14.10% (varies quarterly), Administrative Charge (up to $1.99/line/mo.), Regulatory Charge ($0.40/line/mo.) & state/local fees by area]. Sprint Surcharges are not taxes or gov't-required charges and are subject to change. Sprint chooses to collect Washington State B&O Fee of 0.471% of your monthly billed charges to recover its costs. Details: sprint.com/taxesandfees.
This gets you in the ballpark and when I signed up for Sprint this past summer, they gave me the fees Added on when I asked them.

USF fees constantly change and state & local sales taxes and excise taxes vary by location.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
And that bill is usually for calls/service from the previous month up to, but including the next month.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to jjoshua

Premium Member

to jjoshua
I've not had that problem. Each time I've asked what my total bill will be, I've been given the numbers, at least within a percentage point or two.

sholling
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA

sholling to MSauk

Premium Member

to MSauk
Putting a stop to blatant false advertising and fraud should be job-1 at the FTC.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

said by sholling:

Putting a stop to blatant false advertising and fraud should be job-1 at the FTC.
The better question is....why do we need to get in their face to have this be the #1 priority?

Why in god's name has this not already been taken care of?

It is mind-boggling to me