spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ballyteague

join:2003-02-25
Hyde Park, MA

[CATV] [Boston] Setanta going off air on Feb 28?

I pay $15/month extra to watch Setanta Sports as it is a great way to catch European rugby/soccer games. Or at least, it used to be!

Apparently the US branch of Setanta is in financial trouble. And currently there is a scrolling message coming across the screen when I am tuned to it, to the effect:

"Effective Feb 28, 2010, Setanta Sports will cease it's US broadacast operations and will no longer be on the air. Contact 1-800-RING-RCN if you have any questions".

This is a big loss to me. Not sure where I'm going to get my rugby fix now!

Although interestingly enough, BBC America have announced that they will be showing selected live games from the Rugby Six Nations Championship, starting on Feb 6th:

»www.press.bbcamerica.com/press/n···s_id=156

Any chance of getting BBC America HD switched on before Feb 6th?

biagio

@rcn.com

well i hope you'll enjoy rugby on bbc.
regarding soccer :
feb 28 will be the last day that setanta has rights for england premier league and uefa champions league. these rights are sublicensed from fox soccer channel.
starting march 1st these rights will revert to fsc. and on march 1st fox is launching a 2nd soccer channel called fox soccer plus. it will be in hd too. i hope rcn will carry it and will put it togheter with the other channels in the "premiere" package and not a la carte by itself like setanta is now...